585,722 active members*
4,396 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > General Off Topic Discussions > Bridgeport Apollo MDL milling machine CNC problems

Bridgeport Apollo MDL milling machine CNC problems

Hi everyone
    I've just bought an Bridgeport Apollo MDL milling machine, the seller removed the CNC computer hard drive, mother board and screen monitor, the milling machine still has all the Bridgeport motherboards and the Mentor II system attached to it, I'd like to know if someone knows of a computer system that may work with the existing set up on in its defect some low price full cnc retrofit system that can be installed on this mill.
    From what I've read on the internet the computer that was hooked up to the Bridgeport Apollo had either a SX-15 or SX-32 computer control panel attached to the front, it used a 386 or 486 motherboard with a hard-drive running DOS or an early windows version software that had Bridgeport software installed to run the Semo Servo Motor and Mentor system.
    Thanks for your input
    onmetro

Re: Bridgeport Apollo MDL milling machine CNC problems

Quote Originally Posted by Onmetro View Post
    Hi everyone
    I've just bought an Bridgeport Apollo MDL milling machine, the seller removed the CNC computer hard drive, mother board and screen monitor, the milling machine still has all the Bridgeport motherboards and the Mentor II system attached to it, I'd like to know if someone knows of a computer system that may work with the existing set up on in its defect some low price full cnc retrofit system that can be installed on this mill.
    From what I've read on the internet the computer that was hooked up to the Bridgeport Apollo had either a SX-15 or SX-32 computer control panel attached to the front, it used a 386 or 486 motherboard with a hard-drive running DOS or an early windows version software that had Bridgeport software installed to run the Semo Servo Motor and Mentor system.
    Thanks for your input
    onmetro
    Hello Onmetro. my name is Leandro and have a Apollo Series II

please send me a email [email protected]