585,763 active members*
4,141 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Other Machines > Digitizing and Laser Digitizing > using a mitutoyo mtp1 signal probe

using a mitutoyo mtp1 signal probe

I've come across a mitutoyo mtp1 signal probe and I was trying to figure out if I can use it as a digitizing head. it is designed for a mitutoyo mx coordinate measuring machine. does anyone have knowledge of the wiring of the probe, it has a small 4 pin jack on the rear.

thanks
    Barry

wiring for mitutoyo probe

so i've come up with an answer to my own question, but I thought I'd share as others may have or may be able to get a similar probe via ebay or other source.

I finally just took the probe apart and discovered that the insides are just a nice compact version of the do it yourself probe, with a set of led lights thrown in for decoration.

for wiring, with the probe tip facing down, and the connector facing you, the upper left and bottom right pins are an NC switch. the remaining two pins are for the led.

so far it seems to work well as a digitizer, but I still have to put the point clouds together.

mitutoyo probe

Good info, I just picked one up on Ebay today and was searching for info on it, and found your post doing a search.

Do you power the other two points for the led?

Thanks Arnie

no, I never bothered hooking up the led so I don't know which in the anode lead. But you do not need to hook up the led to use it.

-b

thanks for the info

Ok, thanks for the info.

Arnie