585,877 active members*
3,968 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Servo Motors / Drives > AC Servo Amplifier guess the control mode puzzle challenge.

AC Servo Amplifier guess the control mode puzzle challenge.

My semi-fun project is to get one of those cheap Sanyo AC Servo amplifier working that you can't get control pin information on being a custom model. The issue is the schematic shows a 50 pin connector on CN1 instead of the actual 15 pin connector on the custom amplifier. The only hope I have of success is that it came with a labeled cable connected to some of the control pins. Schematic link below. See pages #36 and #39 for the schematic information. This looks like Position Control Mode however I am not sure what I can hook to these pins. Maybe someone recognizes the labeling so I can at least get a shaft turning on the sanyo P5 motors I have. I doubt this amplifier will work as a cnc drive but maybe I can use it for some other project.

Might be Position/torque switch type.

The pins are labeled:
    Connector 1:
    24N
    OVR
    24P

Connector 2:
    24N
    ORG
    24P

Connector 3:
    BKN
    BKP

http://www.chinasanyo.com/upload/200...enki_py_en.pdf

Re: AC Servo Amplifier guess the control mode puzzle challenge.

Nobody wants to venture a guess? This is like solving a murder on a TV crime show or putting a puzzle piece in the puzzle. The fun is in the challenge.
    I certainly need more guessers.
    I am pretty sure the connector 3 BKN and BKP is the brake signal. That makes the "N" and "P" mean something. Brakes use 24V but do pulse streams?
    The large company that ordered these custom amplifiers probably didn't need 50 pins so they ordered this 15 pin connector to save something. They used 8 pins so 7 pins left over. Wonder what they put in those pins.
    Anyone have a guess as to what the ORG and OVR mean? I think the "R" and "G" are electrical terms. I know the "N" and "P" are but I am not good with electronics so I hope someone can define these abbreviations.
    I am guessing that putting a 10v +,- analog signal to the other 7 pins hoping to find analog mode would be enough to damage this otherwise useless amplifier? So much I don't know...