585,902 active members*
4,033 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Mach Software (ArtSoft software) > usb motion controller software patch for Mach 3 on Windows 8.

usb motion controller software patch for Mach 3 on Windows 8.

I am contemplating to purchase the X6-1500 system from Yoocnc 3020 3040 6040 series - carving-cnc.com. Their motion controller uses USB. Has any one successfully running Mach 3 with their controller card with a laptop? Is it a simple procedure to install the software patch to make the USB work with Mach 3? I have a Dell Inspiron 15R running Windows 8, 64bit, 8Gb Ram.

Also I had emailed them for the info/specs of their 4th axis unit. They sent only a photo of the unit but no specs. No specs on their website either. Anyone know anything about it and would like to comment it?

Thanks.

Re: usb motion controller software patch for Mach 3 on Windows 8.

Mach 3 does not run on 64 bit, you maybe able to use it on a 32 bit win 7 pc with your usb.

You shouldn't need any software patch.

I know that many people are using Windows 8 with Smoothsteppers, but I'm not sure about that particular controller. But any controller should work, as Mach3 controls the controller through a Mach3 plugin.

Mach3 works fine in Windows 8, but you can't use a parallel port in Windows 8.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

The shipment came after I sent them the money 10 days earlier. Even though they quoted 2 and a half weeks delivery.....

The machine came in two boxes. The packaging didn't look very professional. I photo doc each step while unpacking in case there is damage. But no damage at all. In fact, they packed it quite well .... Although there was no printed instruction came with the package but the factory had emailed me a soft copy of the software setup and a link to a video showing how to put the system together which was very clear. Bolting the system together took less than an hour. .. Fired up MACH3 the first time and went through the setup. It took quite a bit of time partly due to my inexperience with the MACH3 and partly because there was an error in the setup documentation. The error parameter made the Feed Rate stuck at 4%. After correcting the parameter, I ran a couple of gCode samples. It ran very well. The microStepper driver and motor combination produces a very powerful and smooth run..... MACH3 site hosts several tutorial videos which are super helpful..... haven't turn on the spindle motor yet. One step at a time and there is a lot for me to learn.

I'll post more details in the next update. At this moment, all my "worries" were gone. They supplies a .dll file for making MACH3 talks via USB connection instead of parallel port. Simply copy the .dll file into the MACH3 directory. MACH3 runs fine on my cheap Dell laptop with an i3 processor in Win7 64 bit environment. ... The X6 is a well designed machine works without a glitch.