584,874 active members*
5,144 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Printing From Fanuc DOS FAPT Ladder A08B-9201-J500#EN

Printing From Fanuc DOS FAPT Ladder A08B-9201-J500#EN

Has anyone printed 'to file' from FAPT LADDER V6.3?

I have always managed to ‘print to file’ from the later FAPT Ladder (FAPT V.8.4 for Powermates, Series 18MA etc) by tweaking the file called AMROFTRP.DAT (See attached, named AMROFTRPv84.txt) Then loading the 'print file' into WordPad or Word to edit ladder (to remove some of the printed control code caracters etc) then printing from there. I can’t remember whether I tweaked anything else (FAPT printer drivers maybe?)

I have tried to do the same thing in FAPT V6.3 for Series 0MC (PMC LMP I think) by modifying the same named .DAT file that is used in V6.3 (Attached unmodified AMROFTRPv63.txt) but I have had no success. I keep getting “SEL SWITCH OFF” error. I guess it’s still looking for a real printer.

Has anyone ever printed 'to file' from V6.3? If so, how did you do it?
    Or is there another way to redirect printing in DOS from ‘PRINTER PORT’ to ‘FILE’ whilst running FAPT?

Anyway, any advice gratefully received!

Re: Printing From Fanuc DOS FAPT Ladder A08B-9201-J500#EN

Quote Originally Posted by RLMTS View Post

I have always managed to ‘print to file’ from the later FAPT Ladder (FAPT V.8.4 for Powermates, Series 18MA etc) by tweaking the file called AMROFTRP.DAT (See attached, named AMROFTRPv84.txt) Then loading the 'print file' into WordPad or Word to edit ladder (to remove some of the printed control code caracters etc) then printing from there. I can’t remember whether I tweaked anything else (FAPT printer drivers maybe?)

I have tried to do the same thing in FAPT V6.3 for Series 0MC (PMC LMP I think) by modifying the same named .DAT file that is used in V6.3 (Attached unmodified AMROFTRPv63.txt) but I have had no success. I keep getting “SEL SWITCH OFF” error. I guess it’s still looking for a real printer.

Or is there another way to redirect printing in DOS from ‘PRINTER PORT’ to ‘FILE’ whilst running FAPT?

send software to me , i can modfily this function .
    my email : [email protected]

Re: Printing From Fanuc DOS FAPT Ladder A08B-9201-J500#EN

Quote Originally Posted by RLMTS View Post

did you ever get this worked out?
    just happened upon this post searching online for a copy of the AMROFTRP.DAT file as mine got corrupted along with a few others(hd failing)...printing to file would be handy.
    I run TAO-EXDOS and can print from FLADDER to our network printer(its fast, but in another building) at work...its pretty handy, only a couple hundred bucks(mines in XP still).

Send me data. I converter for you. My mail : [email protected]