585,683 active members*
4,874 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Air gun Off Command

Air gun Off Command

Hey All- So I'm trying to edit the post processor to add my air gun to the program. I found out how to change the M code in the Haas VF post processor to turn the air gun on but can't figure out where to edit to have it turn the air gun off.... In my post it's line 707 - Coolant Air Mode. I changed that to M83 (which turns the air on), but there is no code to turn it off. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!
    -Nate

Re: Air gun Off Command

Quote Originally Posted by nfrees114 View Post
    Hey All- So I'm trying to edit the post processor to add my air gun to the program. I found out how to change the M code in the Haas VF post processor to turn the air gun on but can't figure out where to edit to have it turn the air gun off.... In my post it's line 707 - Coolant Air Mode. I changed that to M83 (which turns the air on), but there is no code to turn it off. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!
    -Nate
    Nate

The standard coolant off command is usually M09, it normally turns off all/any coolant modes, this is on line 674 as below, no idea what HAAS use for coolant off but that line I reckon is where you should be putting the HAAS M code in place of the M09.

674. Coolant off String? "M09"

Regards
    Rob
    :rainfro: :rainfro: :rainfro:

Re: Air gun Off Command

Quote Originally Posted by The Engine Guy View Post
    Nate

The standard coolant off command is usually M09, it normally turns off all/any coolant modes, this is on line 674 as below, no idea what HAAS use for coolant off but that line I reckon is where you should be putting the HAAS M code in place of the M09.

674. Coolant off String? "M09"

Regards
    Rob
    :rainfro: :rainfro: :rainfro:
    Hey Rob- Yep I found that one. But if I change that to the M84 command (which is air gun off), then if I try and toggle back and forth between using an air gun on some tools and coolant on others than it won't turn the coolant off right? Or do I add a string for "air gun off string?" and then put M84? I didn't know if you could add strings or not?
    Thanks for the quick response!!
    -Nate