585,743 active members*
4,912 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking > MetalWork Discussion > Taper control in Fanuc control

Taper control in Fanuc control

When taking out a taper, in the past would edit program to remove. I have seen some use a "U" to remove taper. Does anyone know if this acts just on the line it's on or does it change the entire profile

Re: Taper control in Fanuc control

U value will apply only to line of code it's in, but if you are moving from a linear move into a radius move you must consider if the U value used will exceed the start point needed for the arc of the radius. Control will alarm if the distance exceeds the required travel to make the arc. U negative value will make part smaller as it progresses down the linear move, U positive will make it larger as it travels the length.

Re: Taper control in Fanuc control

I have a Fanuc 11TT control and a G07 code is available to define a virtual axis. I haven't tried it yet (I plan to soon), but you could try to define an X axis perhaps, and make the taper adjustment there. If that is successful, you can then code X as normal. Just a thought...

Quote Originally Posted by stan Cothran View Post
    When taking out a taper, in the past would edit program to remove. I have seen some use a "U" to remove taper. Does anyone know if this acts just on the line it's on or does it change the entire profile