584,826 active members*
5,085 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Leadwell MCV 550D no macro programs in the machine. OM fanuc controll

Leadwell MCV 550D no macro programs in the machine. OM fanuc controll

Please help. I teach Machine tool and we have an old Leadwell 550 that I had to dump the parameters on. I put all of them back in and everything seems to be great except for when I have a tool change. When M6 comes up the machine just sets, no alarms, no movement, nothing. I tried to pull up any program in the 9000 range to look at them and found none in the program library. I'm not very comfortable on this control and need to know if I need to change anything to see the macro's. The machine does not have the 240 range param's. I would like to have it running for an open house this weekend and I'm on my own to get it going. I can run the machine with out tool changes for a few days. Thanks for any help.

Re: Leadwell MCV 550D no macro programs in the machine. OM fanuc controll

First, did you try sending it to the G30 position in X, Y, and Z?
    Then do the tool change.
    If that works, then it should be a simple matter to add a macro.

However, if the machine has an umbrella style tool changer, then it may have a lot more M-codes to control the movement of the tool changer, and the position of the heads for tool change. If that is the case, then I would suggest you contact Leadwell directly, or look for a local distributor that may have that info.

Good Luck.

I have done G30, no help there. I don't have a distributer in our area any more. the machine was bought in 1986 and the former teacher has none of the programs or params backed up. I'm just trying to get it going quickly. Thanks for the help.

this is an olde thread on cnczone. I presume you have conquered that problem. I have a problem myself with a leadwell MCV 550 with a fanuc control. In order to repair this, I need to know the proper value of a burnt out resistor on one of the circuit boards. If you are willing to help I will send pictures of the board with the location of the resistor. regards ...Harry

Hello !
    I have a similar,
    Machinecenter Leadwell FMC 0
    send an image to see what is the problem ??