585,735 active members*
4,971 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Angry Mach 3 limit and ref switch problem

Hi guys,

It is been a long time since I have needed help with configuring Mach, but I have a problem that I cannot solve.

I a couple days ago trying to install three snap action roller switches that are decently accurate as my reference switches which will also act as limits. I wired them to my board with short leads to do my testing until I got my config figured out. I tested them as limits, and they worked. I tested them as reference switches and they worked. I checked the bob led indicator light and well as the diagnostics page and the leds were all working properly. So I take the short leads out and proceed to wire up my long stranded and shielded cable. My machine is an old Digital tool and the wiring for the x and z axis are forevermore long! I have two 2 wire twisted pairs in a single cable with each pair being shielded with foil wrapping.

I decided to use one pair for the x and one pair for the z to try to save the other long cable if possible for my y axis as the cable for it is a little short after finding a short. Anyway, now when I jog onto the switch, the diagnostic page shows the switch has activated as well as the led on the bob. It does this on both the x and z axis. Yesterday, while testing with the short leads, I could jog to the switch and it would stop the machine. I could reference the axis and it did it's move exactly.

I am using a smoothstepper ethernet controller, pc with Windows 7 professional 64 bit, and Machv3.043.067. I am running a screen from Per Jesper (IIRC).

I am headed back to the shop to seperate the axis out of the single cable to see if that fixes it, but if any of you have any suggestions, please shout out.

Mike
    No greater love can a man have than this, that he give his life for a friend.

Re: Mach 3 limit and ref switch problem

Are you saying the limit switches aren't stopping the machine?
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)