I need to vent because I just lost 10K. One of our customers has gone bankrupt and we won't see a penny. I have been dealing with this customer for about 8 years on and off and they always paid slowly and always were the first to complain if you were an hour late or any other problem. I suppose I put up with it because the owners have been personal friends of mine since the 80's. You know, they owe you money but you hate to pester them because your buddies with them. You know you shouldn't but you let it slide. This is the first time I have taken a real hit as far as not getting paid, so I guess this is a bit of a wakeup call and I am going to be a lot more rigid as far as collecting outstanding invoices. I was reluctant to even do the job, but they fed me a big song and dance about this "Big Project" they were doing. Everything will be great and we will pay in 15 days. I didn't get anything!!
I went to the auction and it looks like they had cleaned the place out pretty much as far as hiding equipment. I got the notice from the trustee and I got off easy I guess. Milton is a small town of 50,000 people so all of the shops that are involved in metalworking, Machining/Welding/Fabricating, know each other and in some way. Two other shops I know/work with lost 38K and 54K each. The total supplier liabilities were over 500K. Rumor has it the owner was diverting money out of the company but that can't be proven. Something dosen't seem to add up, that I am sure of. Maybe I'm just bitter :boxing: :boxing: :boxing: :boxing: :boxing: :boxing: :boxing: Anyway, for any of you that have customers that are owing you money, get on it and get paid. I hope at least I can put a bug in someone's ear and keep them from having the same experience as me :frown: