584,871 active members*
5,191 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > Cincinnati Milacron Avenger 200s Question

Cincinnati Milacron Avenger 200s Question

We purchased an Avenger 200s, (Acramatic 850sx control) and wondered if anyone could lend me a hand for initial start up.I can't do anything with the machine. It passes all the tests on the start-up page...but@ the bottom it says (flashing)"Host Control Initializing" for (over an hour). We got the machine up and running briefly but couldn't get past the initializing phase during start-up. We were unable to jog the machine so we could begin zeroing. Once we shut the machine down and started back up we found ourselves back at square one. We sprayed all the boards with canned air and put them back but to no avail. "HOST CONTROL INITIALIAZING" Any help or information that anyone has would be greatly appreciated.

The MAI software is the operating systems, much like Windows for our PCs. If the 850SX passes startup checks, but hangs on "initialising MAI," the possibilities include:

(1) The MMC (main memory board) containing the software isn't working,
    (2) The operating software (MCL) is corrupt, or
    (3) The machine parameters (MTB Commision Data) also located in software registers on the MMC board may be missing/corrupt.

I experienced #2 and #3 after what appears to have been a power-line spike that knocked out the flash memory. Luckily, Siemen's tech had previously led me through how to backup the Commissioning Data that contains all the machines parameters. All that was necessary was purchasing a 256k flash card containing my 850SX's MCL operating system, reflashing the control with it, and reloading the commisision data/parameters. The card with MCL software was about $800. If you don't have the commissioning data backed up, you may be in a bind. If you get the control back up and running, make sure to back up the commission data ASAP. If you lose it, Siemen's/Cincinnati/Vickers doesn't have a back-up to go to.

Siemen's provides excellent technical support for these controls and machines. They can lead you through the diagnostics with multimeters, parts numbers, etc. Their phone number is 800-934-0735.

If facing a repair, etc., the Acramatic 850SX is a very high-end reliable control, stay with it if you can. I researched retrofitting the machine with a new control and was regularly told not to--too nice a cotnrol (powerful, accurate, reliable). There's a group on Yahoo Groups that includes files and procedures for the Acramatic's backup, trick drip feed software, etc.... ACUGroup on Yahoo.

Thank you. I'll run through all of this and post my results, hopefully soon and hopefully positive. Thanks again.

850SX machine parameters (MTB Commision Data)

Hello,

I have a Sabre 1000 with the 850SX. I have recieved the .dat files with the machine parameters (MTB Commision Data) from the manufacturer. How do I load the parameters?

The .dat files have a G71 (metric) in the first line so it looks like I can apply them like an regular parts program but this would require some additional things to be added to the program to be ran as a parts program, a ":" in the first line for example and possibly an M02 at the end. So, that makes me think that they are not intended to be ran as a program, otherwise these things would be included already.

Basically the question is, I have the .dat files, now what?

Thanks,
    Eric

MTB

enter data manually. that should work.

Quote Originally Posted by peterson76 View Post
    Hello,

I have a Sabre 1000 with the 850SX. I have recieved the .dat files with the machine parameters (MTB Commision Data) from the manufacturer. How do I load the parameters?

The .dat files have a G71 (metric) in the first line so it looks like I can apply them like an regular parts program but this would require some additional things to be added to the program to be ran as a parts program, a ":" in the first line for example and possibly an M02 at the end. So, that makes me think that they are not intended to be ran as a program, otherwise these things would be included already.

Basically the question is, I have the .dat files, now what?

Thanks,
    Eric
    Can you share a copy of the MTB commission parameter file with me, please, I will send you my email [email protected].