585,727 active members*
3,897 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > Please Help Identify This Extrusion 8020?

Please Help Identify This Extrusion 8020?

Hello All,
    I have a piece of extruded aluminum I need to I.D.
    I want to modify my cnc table and need to match up this extrusion. I can live with a different configuration I would just want the
    mounting holes in the end at the same place and the dimensions of 1.5" x 3" needs to be the same. If you can I.D it, it would help
    or even where to purchase would be even more help. It came from a camtech 5x10 that I bought in pieces about 4 years ago. I have
    had it up and running for the last three years. Thanks to this forum, The unit had no z axis when I bought it so I made one up with some
    extra movement The machine only had a 3" depth to the table. My z moves 7" now. I have an area that I made a "false bottom"
    so I can cut 6" deep. Its only a 24" X 48" area. I need to expand this area and I don't want to cut up any of my existing extrusions.
    Thanks for taking a look!

Attachment 232204
    Attachment 232206

Re: Please Help Identify This Extrusion 8020?

sad to say no idea. i'm pretty sure this isn't 8020. It kinda looks like extrusions a conveyor manufacture may have used.

Expansion may leave you with the need to buy a couple of non conforming extrusions and figure out mate up solution for the rest of the existing extrusions. That might sound bad but it might not be that bad if you shop around for the right supplier. if you get on Google you may be able to find a hundred or so suppliers of T-slot extrusions, one of them might have an extrusion sitting on the shelf that would minimize the pain of this upgrade.