585,557 active members*
3,417 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Amada Aries 245 Emulator

Hi,

I have been getting involved in swapping over from floppy to USB on a Amada Aries turret punch machine. We have some problems getting the machine to write to the disk. Does anyone know if the floppy drive works on 720kb or is it 1.44mb and ha anyone else had this up and running?

Thanks
    Dex

Re: Amada Aries 245 Emulator

I patiently await any replies

this silence is deafening haha (wedge)

Silence broken!
    I had the same problem,my floppy hasn't worked on my Amada Aries 345 since I bought it in 2000.
    I tried some of the New floppy USB emulators,couldn't get them to work either.
    I was trying to locate and old 720k single density diskette when I ran into a young man that suggested a new floppy ribbon cable.
    That reminded me of how we had to clean the RS232 cable really good to even get that to work,which now it never fails.
    I took out the existing floppy ribbon cable and cleaned both ends with electrical contact cleaner and blew them out,did it several times.
    I put some cleaner on a small paint brush and cleaned the original floppy contacts and the PC board contact in the Amada Cabinet.
    On my machine you hit INPUT on the cursor in the floppy format page(b) ,then it takes a while and another prompt with a 1 Yes format 2,no don't comes up,make sure and hit 1 !!
    It formatted perfectly without errors,first time ever and I can save programs on it now!!
    A company called flex-drive can make emulators for any machine as long as you have a formatted floppy from the machine itself.
    Ill try some cheap emulators as well now.

Hi today i am using Amada Aries 245 ...I am facing same problem. When i send my nc program in to machine via RS232 ...The program characters missing . I change many things like baoud rate start bit and stop bit etc..
    Can any body help which software I use for data transfer

Yes, the same for me too, it does just send like empty files.