585,982 active members*
4,713 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Chinese Machines > Brand New 3040 and 1 axis is stuck. Please help.

Brand New 3040 and 1 axis is stuck. Please help.

I got my 3040 cnc machine today. installed the stepper motors and realized that 1 axis won't move. I thought it was the X axis but their paperwork calls it the Y axis. Regardless, it is the long axis that would move the spindle closer and father from me. X axis is the reference photo Attachment 232728 Is there some reason why I can't move the axis by hand? Is there a screw somewhere that they used to keep it from moving during shipping? Please help, as the manufacturer is just ignoring me. Thank you so much.

Re: Brand New 3040 and 1 axis is stuck. Please help.

if this is the machine what photo showing, this looking very much like the sharkcnc, and they have own forum..

on other hand, if machine has screw on axises, they can be moved only with turning the screws..

This is the actual unit.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	51Gw1NnH2VL.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	37.5 KB 
ID:	232750
    Like I said, all the other axis will move except the long axis.They are ball screw so they should move pretty freely. Any suggestions?

Hey,
    Chinese machine XY direction is converse with North American Standards. So your manufacture call long axis Y axis (Actually most north Americans thought it is X axis for long axis). Misunderstanding hehe ,but you have to get used with it or you should discuss this problem before production. Most people ignore this they don't even know this Chinese custom.
    Usually we had fasten pins on rack and pinion routers not balls crew machine.
    If you had ballscrew 10mm on long axis ,that you can moving the gantry closer or farther from you;
    If you had ballscrew 5 mm on short axis, it is possiblely that you are hard to move it by hand. Or some assemble problems.
    Have you tried turned on the whole machine, running it by sofware or DSP handle?

Regards,
    Ms.Mary

I recently purchased one myself and had the same problem. After looking closer I found that there was 2 screws holding the axis in place. I assumed that this was to keep it from moving in transit. I removed the 2 screws and all was well. Hope this helps!

I think many Chinese producers aim to earn money and ignore their customers after their purchase. With time passes by, they will lose customers.

Hello MadGumby,
    I had the same problem. My long axis was hard to turn by hand and would not move under power. I ended up taking it apart and cleaning what they called grease from the lead screw and the plastic nut. Then I put it back together with new grease and it has been working fine ever since.
    good luck,
    James

Quote Originally Posted by Allen Smith View Post
    I think many Chinese producers aim to earn money and ignore their customers after their purchase. With time passes by, they will lose customers.
    You'd possibly think so, but the quantities that continue to get sold seem to prove otherwise.

cheers, Ian
    It's rumoured that everytime someone buys a TB6560 based board, an engineer cries!