585,922 active members*
3,677 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question Xylotex or HobbyCNC or what?

I have a 2ft by 4 ft MDF table with a 1.5 hp Porter Cable Router. I am looking to mostly do wood carving but would like to be able to do aluminum occasionally. Actually I cheated and got an old table of Joe's (Joe2000che). I believe it is his 2006 R-1 model. It is sweet machine that is well built.

I placed an order for a 3 axis kit from www.cncresource.com 6 weeks ago and have yet to recieve my controller. So I am asking for a refund and have to decide on a different controller. I am torn between the Xylotex package and the HobbyCNC package. I can solder so I am not afraid of the kit.

Being that my table has a 2 ft x 4ft cutting area, I am thinking 200 oz motors would be the smallest I should consider. I noticed that Xylotex has some 425 oz motors as an option. Should I upgrade to these?

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Right now all the electronic's lingo has put a glazed expression on my face.

Is there another option I am missing?

Hi - Look at the DIY servo controller thread on this forum or do a google on PMinMO.com, These are both DIY and really!!! inexpensive ways to go about doing what you want to do...
    Regards

I am not afraid of soldering, but I think that is a little beyond my comfort zone. I am looking for a solution with plenty of guidance. I am not looking for the absolute lowest cost solution.

Hi OK PMinMO is then ruled out but at the DIY Servo thread there are a number of guys selling completed units and the support in that forum is awesome

I got a bunch of stuff that would help you setup your package in no time. Please chek my website:

http://cnc4pc.com

Arturo Duncan

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyDad
    I have a 2ft by 4 ft MDF table with a 1.5 hp Porter Cable Router. I am looking to mostly do wood carving but would like to be able to do aluminum occasionally. Actually I cheated and got an old table of Joe's (Joe2000che). I believe it is his 2006 R-1 model. It is sweet machine that is well built.

I placed an order for a 3 axis kit from www.cncresource.com 6 weeks ago and have yet to recieve my controller. So I am asking for a refund and have to decide on a different controller. I am torn between the Xylotex package and the HobbyCNC package. I can solder so I am not afraid of the kit.

Being that my table has a 2 ft x 4ft cutting area, I am thinking 200 oz motors would be the smallest I should consider. I noticed that Xylotex has some 425 oz motors as an option. Should I upgrade to these?

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Right now all the electronic's lingo has put a glazed expression on my face.

Is there another option I am missing?
    Our stuff is available for immediate shipping. No waiting.

HobbyCNC.com