584,861 active members*
4,813 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Red face Why Do Mach2' Settings Change?

I set the axes limits in mach2's to match the physical dimensions of my machine a while back.

This weekend, after about 40 minutes of machining, I decided the roughing steps were too fine and changed the roughing steps from 25% of cutter diameter to 100% in RhinoCAM, post-processed and tried to machine the the new g-code by starting from the same point. The cutter diameter = 6mm.

What happened was that the previous work was cut away and the more jagged steps I expected to see did not appear.

I gave up 40 minutes later. I checked the motor settings in mach2 and discovered they had changed - radically. They no longer matched the machine's dimensions.

I had not effected any changes in mach2.

Does anyone know what I did wrong and how I can keep from repeating the mistake?

I have seen odd things occur with previous versions of MACH as well but I haven't had an issue with the newest version of MACH3.

I would suggest downloading the latest and greatest version now since it appears that you will be setting everything back up - why not set it back up with a better version? MACH 3 runs the motors smoother than MACH2 anyway - you will see a noticable difference in motor control.

Scott
    Consistency is a good thing....unless you're consistently an idiot.

Scott, I thank you.

However, do you have a link to such a download?

Yup - sure do!

http://www.machsupport.com/artsoft/index/index.htm

Go to the downloads page for the files. I have been running Mach3 Dev. Version 1.90.053 without issue.

Scott
    Consistency is a good thing....unless you're consistently an idiot.

Yup. Scott is da Man!

Thanks bud.