585,931 active members*
4,775 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Surfcam > Surfcam (Vero) Software Timed license policy.

Surfcam (Vero) Software Timed license policy.

Any one else having a problem accepting the new timed license scheme.
    If you fail to pay on time. Surfcam now stops working. So that side of your shop in now shut down.
    If your shop is hard up for cash, in the past you could delay payment of the maintenance fee and keep working with what you had. It now switches to Demo mode if you don't pay-up
    Your back to manual machining.
    As Vero is a UK corporation they could cutoff US operations any time the political situation were to get bad. Simply by not renewing the licenses.
    end of rant.

Re: Surfcam (Vero) Software Timed license policy.

I have not heard of them timing the licenses based on Maintenance payments...I had that problem with their maintenance when paid on a 3 month payment plan. They would give me 3 months to pay the maintenance bill and then send me a 3 month timed license. I never install the 'new' timed license until I have paid them in full and they send me the permanent license, Just in case I run low on cash.

I'm not sure that they can time a license to only work if you are current on your software maintenance, though I'm not sure that they can't... You would then in effect never really own the software but would only be renting it... Maybe we should ALL read our license agreements, but who ever bothers doing that .....?

Re: Surfcam (Vero) Software Timed license policy.

So technically...no one ever "owns" the software. You are technically leasing it. It is all in the EULA. It is like that with just about all CAM systems. Look at it this way; If you truly owned it. when you bought a seat you would get all the base code along with it. I know it sounds weird. But it is very true.