585,996 active members*
4,683 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Servo Motors / Drives > Servo motor with build in drive

Servo motor with build in drive

I am looking for a cheap servomotor for an belt driven XY table, used at a lab for dispensing liquids. I don't want the noise from steppers, since it will be used in a lab were people are sitting all day. I did a search and came across these servos with everything build into them (not the first 4 motors!):

Encoder DC Servo : Robokits World, Easy to Use, Versatile Robotics Kits...

Has anybody tried using these kind of motors or can comment on them for my use? They are really cheap and i was also wondering if they could be used when retrofitting my BF20 mill.

But they do not seem to have any tuning for the PID loop (if such thing is present within them), which could be critical for make sure that it is in position on time. Bear in mind that this is not an issue with the XY table for the dispensing machine, since it only have to settle within an area of 1x1 cm.

Any alternatives to these motors with the Nema 17 ore 23 form factor, that are not industrially priced?

I could go for a drive that are not build in, but the only thing i can find are the really great, but also kind of expensive gecko drivers. Any cheap alternatives?

I would want to know a little more on the command/SW end of things, it does not seem to go into these details?
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

In the manual it says DIR and STEP accepting 3.3v and 5v as logic signal. I will be using an arduino for control, so in that aspect it should be perfect

I have the same "problem", I am having 24V 5A Dunker servo's (GR63X55) with encoder . Also for a BF20 mill and do you have an answer if it's possible to use these servo's?

Thanks , Hans (Netherlands)

I am not yet in the process of ordering these motors yet, but when/if i'll do i will of course notify you of my results Nobody else in here who know of these motors?

Re: Servo motor with build in drive

Hej Robbie, thanks for the link. They could interesting depending on the price. Do you have any information regarding their prices?

Hello Palmhoej,
    I know the MSRP is way high, I wave bought 4 brand new units (CM1-C-23L20) of E-Bay over the last two months from different sellers, for around € 100,- per unit.
    they are listed regularly.

Regards,

Rob.

Thanks for your reply. I have actually just ordered one from robotkit, but if they don't work i will try yours. I will of course brief you on the motors from robotkit.

check this 1 Cool Muscle Rohs Servo Motor CM1-C-23L 20C M5 | eBay
    I have bought two units from this seller for € 220,- inclusive shipping.

Regards,
    Rob