585,729 active members*
4,759 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Dolphin CAD/CAM > Just joined CNC Zone and rercently purchased Dolphin CAD/CAM V12

Question Just joined CNC Zone and rercently purchased Dolphin CAD/CAM V12

I've ben around manual machine shop equipment for over 20 years and CNC machines for about 18 years. I currently have a shop with a CNC Hardinge Accuslide conversion lathe, a Mectronics Dynamyte VMC mill and a small Sherline CNC lathe plus various manual machines.

I've been getting by programming these machines manually but now realize the need for more computer software. I've used Alibre Design for years for my CAD work but am struggling with finding the right CAM software.

I've tried BobCAD without much success and recently decided on Dolphin CAD/CAM after checked some of the reviews.

My problem is support from the Dolphin distributor in PA. I downloaded the software from the Dolphin website but have ben unable to activate the license. I've left many messages at Dolphin and when I do get a hold of somebody they promise to get back to me but fail to do so.

Has anyone had any problems just trying to activate a license? I'd like to use this software and move forward.

Bob

Re: Just joined CNC Zone and rercently purchased Dolphin CAD/CAM V12

Bob, please understand we have done everything we can to help you. A month or two ago, you had called and asked for support activating the software. We immediately said we would do a remote session, and help you. At the time, you had mentioned you were busy, and would get back to us later that evening. 1-2 months have gone by and still no word. This past Friday, you had called for help, so we took the time to remote help with you and walk you through the process. Today was extremely busy, and a few of us worked late hours to meet all the requests. We did get your license over as we promised to do so.

Please accept our apologies, many Saturdays/Sundays we stick around to help out, unfortunately we weren't able to this past.

We're looking forward to helping you.
    Dolphin CAD/CAM Support

Re: Just joined CNC Zone and rercently purchased Dolphin CAD/CAM V12

It figures, I just posted the request for help on CNC Zone and then checked my email and found a response from Dolphin CAD/CAM. I added the activate license file to My Documents/Dolphin CAD?CAM and the software uploaded the activation code. After many previous attempts my license is now functional.

I realize vendors are busy like most of us but when a company posts normal business hours and all you get is a recording no matter what time you call and no one calls back for days it makes people nervous.

Initially I was told there were no manuals for Dolphin CAD/CAM but after searching on Google I was able to download a nice 67 page Getting Started With Dolphin PartMaster manual. Redirect Notice

Thank you for your help.
    Bob