585,919 active members*
3,736 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Where to find this part?

This bearing failed on my accuris laser. The company no longer exists and need to find this part for the X axis. Where should I be looking for a replacement part and what exactly would you call it?

The approx size of the wheel is 15.5 mm X 4.75 mm with a screw length of 15.2mm

Plesse help, I'm out of service until I fix it.

Attachment 235570

Attachment 235572

Attachment 235574

Re: Where to find this part?

Is the bearing fixed to the 'wheel' or could it be pressed out? Hard to tell from the pictures.

If the bearing can be pressed out you should be able to get a replacement here: Ball Bearings:Miniature bearing:Ceramic Ball Bearings:Flanged Bearings
    I'd get it out and measure it.
    They may even have the (rubber? nylon?) wheel or part at McMaster Carr. I would think a good option would be to take a couple of really good close ups and phone/talk to a vbx or mcmasters carr rep and send them the photos. They can likely identify and point you in the right direction. I think they call the whole part a nylon track wheel, but it's hard to say from the photos. It also look s lot like the nylon wheels they use a rollers for shower doors... I'm sure they come in different sizes and configurations.
    like here: Shower Door 3/4" Oval Edge Nylon Ball Bearing Roller With Threaded Hex Hub

Good luck!

Not to sure if it can be pressed out. I'll. Have to try. It's actually the plastic/nylon part that needs to be replaced. It melted during a laser cutting job.

If it can be pressed out, you may be able to find a replacement wheel. If you have (or know someone with) a lathe, finding one close and turning it to size should be fairly simple. Depending on how it's mounted, a bit different wheel/size may possible. It that's the case and you can sub something more common for it (and others), it could eliminate future issues too.

Yeeeeaaa! Ceramic Ball Bearings. Excelent idea. 80-100$ pc.
    CNC lasers, constructions, service