585,991 active members*
4,725 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > ArtCam Pro > Problem importing ArtCam Pro file to NCstudio

Unhappy Problem importing ArtCam Pro file to NCstudio

Hi Guys,

I have just bought a CNC router of China. Model is SH-1218 from a second source but it was unused. I am having trouble using ArtCam pro & NCstudio v5. Its my first time using it so im confused, when i make a circle of 10mm in Artcam Pro and afterwards i import it to NCstudio and give the command to the machine, it cuts the size of 20mm that also twice. I want to learn it asap because im loosing alot of work because of it.

Re: Problem importing ArtCam Pro file to NCstudio

which is the post processor used?

After tool path,you should save in G-code mm*tap the you can open in NC Studio

Quote Originally Posted by dancingdragon View Post
    Hi Guys,

I have just bought a CNC router of China. Model is SH-1218 from a second source but it was unused. I am having trouble using ArtCam pro & NCstudio v5. Its my first time using it so im confused, when i make a circle of 10mm in Artcam Pro and afterwards i import it to NCstudio and give the command to the machine, it cuts the size of 20mm that also twice. I want to learn it asap because im loosing alot of work because of it.
    did you find a solution to your problem with NcStudio?

Quote Originally Posted by dancingdragon View Post
    Hi Guys,

Hi dancingdragon!

I understand the problem. Have you got the solution to it yet?

I'm pretty sure your steps per pulse is wrong. That is, you have 10mm movement on your axis for one revolution instead of 5mm.

If not, then let's look at the variables here.
    1. Your Axis ballscrew's pitch -------(A) (in mm)
    2. Your Motor driver's resolution (PPR) setting -------(B) (in pulses/rev)
    3. Your Axis's Gear/ Pulley ratio -------(C) (as a decimal number)

Say i have a machine with ballscrew pitch=5.0 mm and driver resolution (PPR) as 1600 pulses/rev with a direct 1:1 coupling, a typical router machine's configuration.

So, the formula will be:
    [(A)/(B)]*(C) (i.e) [5/1600]*1=0.003125

This value we've got is the Motor Steps per pulse value you have to enter in Manufactory->NCStudio