Hi,
A co-worker and I have been playing around with the idea of starting our own small business. This would just be a part time thing and we don't have any plans of qutting our day jobs any time soon, nore do we plan on getting rich with it. Just something for us to do on the side, in our spare time. I was wondering for those of you who have done it or know anything about it; What steps should we take, as far as the business side of it goes. I have did a little bit of reading about it and here's what I have found out we need to do so far. Talk to a lawer, Get insurance, Get a businness license (not really in that particular order). Is this some of the things you would do? and/or is there any thing you would add or subtract? Is there anything else we should be conserned about? I am also interested in how you file your income and sales taxes. I know every case is a little differen't and the state and local laws may also be a little different, I am just looking for some general information. For those of you who have done it before, what steps did you take? The type of business we are thinking about is making small furniture items and case goods. Thanks in advance - Robbie