585,930 active members*
3,660 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > TM1 with undervoltage alarm on 320V power supply

TM1 with undervoltage alarm on 320V power supply

Hello,

TM1 year 2001

The machine was turned off fine on Friday and today shows a 292 320 Power Supply Fault. Looking at the power supply inside it shows an E (under voltage fault). I disconnected the 320VDC output that feeds the drives to isolate the problem and attached my voltmeter to see what was happening. At turn on I get 293 VDC and starts dropping almost immediately, it takes about 30 seconds to drop to 230VDC which triggers the E under voltage fault and keeps dropping all the way down to 0 volts.
    I will be checking the capacitors and rectifier bridge tomorrow, but if someone has had this problem before and can share please do so, I

Re: TM1 with undervoltage alarm on 320V power supply

It's common to have to replace these drives, especially after any kind of power surge, outage or thunderstorm. I have seen dirty power, either from the line in to the shop or dirty caused by the harmonics inside the shop cause these to fail. Usually this is on 20HP vector drives though. Check your motor leads, make sure you don't have any motor cable issues.

Thank you,

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Precision MT View Post
    It's common to have to replace these drives, especially after any kind of power surge, outage or thunderstorm. I have seen dirty power, either from the line in to the shop or dirty caused by the harmonics inside the shop cause these to fail. Usually this is on 20HP vector drives though. Check your motor leads, make sure you don't have any motor cable issues.

Thank you,

Phil

Thanks Phil,

I found out what the problem was. I took the 320 VDC power supply apart and on the printed circuit board saw a transformer (220 to 12) and one pin was showing a burnt mark, it was a cold solder. I took out the transformer, tested it, it was fine, mounted again and the problem so far seems to be gone(at leas for 2 days now).
    Thanks again for taking the time to answer.

Jose

Good info! I'm going to remember this one.

Thanks,

Phil