585,557 active members*
3,390 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Events, Product Announcements Etc > News Announcements > Eding CNC (Former USBCNC) has become Mature

Eding CNC (Former USBCNC) has become Mature

Hi, I am the CEO, designer of the CNC control system EdingCNC which is mostly known as USBCNC.
    The CNC control system now exists 7 Years commercially (and before that 15 years as hobby)
    There are many users already in Europe and Asia.
    Very little users in the USA and Canada.
    By introducing myself here I hope to change this.

Eding CNC provides a PC Based CNC control system that consist of PC software + external CPU board all out of one company.
    This means optimal fit of hardware and software and optimal support.
    Support is of big importance to us, we help everyone to get its machine up and running.
    We try to answer all questions within 48 hours.
    (Of course we do expect that the user also reads the manual and tries things first himself)
    The hardware is available in 2 solutions, USB and Ethernet
    The solution with external CPU guarantees high speed smooth motion without hiccups
    There is no Windows tweaking necessary besides the need of having Admin rights.
    The system runs in Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8, both 32 and 64 bit, Linux is also planned.
    A DVD can be played while the CNC is running without problem.
    The User interface is separated from the motion control into 2 executables with DLL interface.
    This allows users to build their own user interface completely.
    There is a real look ahead feed function that acts like a race car driver, brake hard in the curves and maximum speed when there is less curvature.
    The system accelerates to required velocity over multiple line/arc segments, so also with small segments high velocity (production speed) is possible.
    The interpreter is based on the Linux EMC 1 interpreter of 15 years ago, but EdingCNC extended this interpreter a lot, allowing it to be a complete programming language with subroutines, if-then-else, while-loops, math functions etc. This is very flexible, tool change or special cycles can easily be programmed this way.
    Our software runs completely in simulation mode if no hardware is connected, so anyone can try it out without buying anything.
    So I invite everybody to checkout our products at www.edingcnc.com.
    Download the software an try it out.

Happy Milling!

Re: Eding CNC (Former USBCNC) has become Mature

I am a user (based in the Netherlands) of this software (and accompanying hardware) and have good experiences with the software and the support... both have been top notch.
    Like stated downloading the software is for free so you can play with the functionality.
    There's a large userbase on cnczone.nl (Dutch forum - but with the help of Google translate this should be "readable" in Dunglish)

See the topics here
    See the topics by google translate here

Ps. I am in no way affiliated with Eding CNC nor the CEO, just found this post by accident actually, but I wish them all the best (in the US) based on my positive experience.

Re: Eding CNC (Former USBCNC) has become Mature

I'm interested for my next build.......
    Price looks to be $460 US
    Walking is highly over-rated