585,758 active members*
4,608 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > OKUMA OSP5020M HELP

OKUMA OSP5020M HELP

We recently bought a used Okuma MC-4VAE with the OSP5020m control. I have a 20 pot tool changer but some of the pots are not operable. Under the tool data pages these pots are marked N/A. It has me limited to only 10 useful pots. In the old manual there are several pages that have been lost and the info I am looking for are most likely on those lost pages. Doing some reading I see that you can make the tool changer skip pots to allow the use of "large diameter" tools. Is there a code that will make these pots operable again if that is what is going on here to start with?
    Thanks for your help.

Re: OKUMA OSP5020M HELP

What's your location? Maybe I can get you some help.

Maybe this will help.

Thanks dcoupar I'll check it out once I get to my office.
    Dcogswell I'm located in Houston

Sent from my Sig Sauer IPhone to your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by KENNY D View Post
    We recently bought a used Okuma MC-4VAE with the OSP5020m control. I have a 20 pot tool changer but some of the pots are not operable. Under the tool data pages these pots are marked N/A. It has me limited to only 10 useful pots. In the old manual there are several pages that have been lost and the info I am looking for are most likely on those lost pages. Doing some reading I see that you can make the tool changer skip pots to allow the use of "large diameter" tools. Is there a code that will make these pots operable again if that is what is going on here to start with?
    Thanks for your help.
    NA means that a tool has not been stored in that pot of the carousel, the machine thinks that the pot is empty .if you set S * for a pot then it shows as NA
    D (or Dummy tool) means that pot is not to hold a tool because a large tool is to be stored in an adjacent pot, a large tool is to be between 2 'D' pots

look at Dcoupar's attachment (page 63 onwards), page 64 shows how to change the tool #'s

page 70 shows how to load tools into the spindle/carousel ,,, when in MANUAL mode
    next tool is the tool to load into the spindle
    Active Tool is what is in the spindle
    Return tool is the POT you want the "active tool" to return to... make sure it is set to zero if you are NOT returning it to a specific pot

If you want a tool that is NOT registered in the carousel, you would call an unwanted tool into the spindle, replace the tool, change it's tool number, set the D/H offsets, and then store it.

Note !
    if carousel is full of registered tools, the spindle needs to be empty of any tool. This allows the toolchange sequence to be able to cycle when running programs, especially if the M63 code is to work properly.