585,987 active members*
4,623 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Help with electronics kit

I am new to cnc but it has interested me for quite a while so I am building my first machine. The thing I need the most help with is the electronics. I know almost nothing about that part. I see chinese kits on ebay for descent prices, but was wondering if those are any good. I would like to have something that would last quite a while and is reliable. I would also just rather buy a complete kit, everything I need to just hook up and run the machine.

Amazon.com: Ten-high CNC Kit 4 Axis Stepper Driver TB6560 + 24V Power Supply + Stepper Motor(dual shaft) + Hand Remote Controller: Home Improvement

I really like that these motors have the dual shaft. Is this a good kit, does it include everything on the electronics side of the machine?

I'd love if anyone could point me in the direction of a 4 axis kit that is kind of reliable at a decent price.

Thanks guys.

Re: Help with electronics kit

To be blunt, about the only time that I have seen the word "reliable" used to describe a TB6560-based driver is when the word "not" immediately precedes it.

See http://www.cnczone.com/forums/genera...r-updated.html for more information.

As for the dual-shaft motors, what would you intend to do with the dual shaft? Some people have made use of the dual shaft to add "dampers" to reduce the effect of resonance on the motors. Others have tried attaching hand-wheels to the rear shaft to allow for manual motion of the shaft, but that turns out to not be an especially good idea because it results in the motor acting as a generator and feeding voltages back into the driver circuitry when it's not powered, which may possibly result in damage to the driver. I have seen discussion of adding a rotary encoder to the extra shaft, but that is not what I would call standard practice. Maybe you could add a tape flag to give a visual indicator of the motor's motion.