585,885 active members*
6,203 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > mastercam version9(how to edit solids)

mastercam version9(how to edit solids)

Hi Friends actually i have designed a x table for my mini cnc mill.If you see the drawing the width i put as 300mm if i want to reduce to 250 mm what i have to do iam bit confused about solid editing can anyone please explain.Iam really tired of redoing every time when i change the dimensions.

You must have a rectangle that defines the shape of your block, right ?

You need to create a new rectangle and re-chain the original solid.

Dependes on how you drew. 1st I assume you drew it in Mastercam solids. In the Extrude function you specify the distance to extrude. Go to the solids History tree, click on the extrude of the table and change the distance.

If you drew the rectangle from the top and extruded down, do it like Matt said. It's better to draw it from the side and extrude it out. Then you can make it any length, any time.

Go To My Web Site. There are some free training videos that show solid modeling. They might help you.

Mike Mattera
    Tips For Manufacturing Training CD's, DVD's for Mastercam, SolidWorks, Inventor, G-Code Training & More
    http://www.tipsforcadcam.com

HI Mattera

Thanks for your kindly help now i can edit my solid geometry using the solid tree.

you can even draw a rectangle projecting into the space of the rectangle you don't want, go to extrude it through the unwanted section but instead choose the 'cut' option.