585,670 active members*
4,228 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > CamWorks > can anyone test this for me?

can anyone test this for me?

My post will generate incorrect code in some condition, I guess that it is a bug of 2014 version. I need someone to test this for me.

Feature: cicular boss
    Operation: contour mill
    Cut method: conventional
    CNC Compensation: ON
    Tool path center: without compensation
    Entry/retract points: none
    Leadin/leadout: None. ( if there is leadin, the code will be correct)

The post generated by 2014 mill.lib will output codes like this:

G41 D28 G00 X-110 Y25
    G43 Z10 H28
    G01 Z-10 F2500
    G03 X-90 R10. ( 2001 mill.lib will ouput R-10 )
    X-110 R10

The above code will do a cicular pocket, not a boss. However, if I use 2001 version mill.lib , the code is correct.....
    I need somebody to confirm this for me. Thanks for your help.

Re: can anyone test this for me?

I'd checked the files and got the answer........

*:C: IF ARC_INC_ANGLE>HALF_CIRCLE OR ARC_INC_ANGLE=HALF_CIRCLE <--------- 2001 version
    :C: IF ABS((ABS(ARC_INC_ANGLE))-0)>180.00005 THEN <--------- 2014 version
    *:C: IF ABS((ABS(ARC_INC_ANGLE))-HALF_CIRCLE)>ROUNDING_POINT THEN <-------- ???

Geometric had changed the code ....... but I don't think it is correct.
    don't know why they changed this, maybe to fix bugs on some machines but they had introduced another bug
    Other compensation bugs also exist in the mill.lib, in some condition the tool will cut the part incorrectly when it is doing G41/G42 compensation
    I had modified the post to do G41/G42 compensation on the rapid plane, it solves everything.

Re: can anyone test this for me?

Be careful about CAMWorks' radius compensation, it crashed my part again. I was doing a contouring with cnc compensation on and trying to use bottom finish. It turned out crashing my part cause bottom finish was considered a rough cycle (but it is within contour cycle) so camworks disable toolpath compensation and was set as on. As a result, the toolpath was offset and the cnc compensation is still on. This will make the diameter compensation becomes a wear compensation which is not my swtting on the machine.......
    If you are going to use cnc compensation and enable bottom finish, be careful !