584,798 active members*
4,350 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 3 of 3 123

Re: Eding CNC - CPU5A4 - Gecko Drives

Bert answered the email already. He has always been quick to respond to emails.

I'm the one who is slow (or lazy, some would say )

One Love,
    Walking is highly over-rated

I mounted 2 breakout boards(db9 and db25) to the back of my box.

I have a question........ The db25 board is mounted right above a screw insert used to bolt the control box together. There is a little over .080 inch(2.032mm) between the bottom of the board solder points to the screw insert.

Should I worry about sparks between the two points?
    The box was made for a cnc parallel port breakout board to fit there, so I'm pretty sure it is safe.

I going to hook up the EdingCNC cpu to a 3-axis set-up until I get a chance to build my 4-axis machine.
    I cut a db25 cable in half and found the corresponding wires and pins and labeled them.
    I bought a Leadshine MX3660 3-axis drive. It has a db25(parallel port) connection. I'll use the cut cable to plug into the drive and wire into the breakout boards.

I've decided to put the cpu in it's own box, to sit in between the computer and the stepper control box.

I've cut the aluminum extrusion(old external hard drive case) for the cpu box. I still need to machine the ends to accept the cpu plugs.

Pics:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bobs.JPG   underbobs.JPG   DSCF9133.JPG   DSCF9135.JPG  

After my last post, I thought, "Hey, I've got a small machine shop in the garage, go fix it."

So, I did. I punched the thread insert out.... drilled a new set of holes.... Pressed the thread insert into the new location and put everything back together.

Namaste,

Hey guys,

Anybody need some cnc benchtop machines......... I have an X3 mill, Lathemaster 8x14 lathe, and a 3040T router for sale............ Pick up in OKLAHOMA

My Mom and I have lived together until last Tuesday.......... She passed at 87 years old........... It looks like I'll need to move and won't have a place for my machines.

Bert Eding is a super guy, I've purchased around 100 units from him, and his aftersales support leaves most of the world in shame
    Ex Emach Service Engineer, contact me for assistance.

Needless to say, I'm an expert on eding gear, having manufactured over 150 machines using USBCNC control
    Ex Emach Service Engineer, contact me for assistance.

I see that this thread is more than 2 years old, but I'll give it t try to see if I can find some help.

I`m looking for advices on how to connect the Eding CPU5A4E or CPU5B to my G540 board. I haven't make my mind yet on which board (CPU5A4E or CPU5B ) I will buy and the facility to connect the board to the G540 may have an impact on my choice.

Wombilly,
    have you ever manufactured a machine mixing the G540 with a CPU5A4E or CPU5B? If so, which board is the easiest to connect to the G540 and would you be ready to share your knowledge?

I agree with you that Bert Eding is a super. We exchanged a few emails and he answered my questions even on a Sunday!

Thanks

Page 3 of 3 123