585,717 active members*
4,054 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking > WoodWorking Topics > Looking for deer plaque dxf files
Page 1 of 2 12

Looking for deer plaque dxf files

One of the items that I have been cutting with my cnc router is some plaques that are used by local deer hunters to mount thier trophies. I have been cutting just the basic "coat of arms style or shield" as some may call it, but have been getting request for "European Style Mounts" and also for the bow hunters, an Arrow head style plaque. If anyone cares to share some drawings, it would be appreciated. If no one has any, perhaps a link to a site with some.

Thank you.

Dan
    Check out what I am working on at www.routerbitz.com!

I agree, the standard shile back gets a little boring after a while..
    here are a couple of images of alternative mounts, you can probably use some type of image to dxf software to convert and scale..

enjoy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails arrow.jpg   oblong.jpg   scallop.jpg  

posted 3 sample dxf in share your file thread I got many more if you can't find one you like
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showth...036#post176036

Hack are you talking about a mounting board (European) where the skull is mounted on a standoff from the plaque itself? I'm getting ready to do one of those but don't have a clue as to the design yet.

Mike
    No greater love can a man have than this, that he give his life for a friend.

Wow,

lakeside,

I really appreciate the great files that you posted. Those are excellent designs that I had not even thought of. If you have more, and dont mind sharing, please post a few more. Do you have any arrow head shaped ones?

Thank you

Mike, yes that is exactly what I am talking about. I have seen pics on the net, but no real good dimensions as to come up with a drawing.

Dan

Dan if you can bear with me for a few days I will have something I can share with you. I'm currently behind on my work load due to some equipment problems and just generally being smacked by Murphey! (chair)

Mike
    No greater love can a man have than this, that he give his life for a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Hack
    One of the items that I have been cutting with my cnc router is some plaques that are used by local deer hunters to mount thier trophies. I have been cutting just the basic "coat of arms style or shield"... If anyone cares to share some drawings, it would be appreciated. If no one has any, perhaps a link to a site with some.

Thank you.

Dan
    Just a suggestion, have you considered cutting plaques in the shape of the state, county, province, country, lake, etc. that the trophy was shot, captured, angled, etc. in? You could also use other shapes such as a bullet, shell, arrowhead, powder horn, fishing lure or other theme based shape. How about variations on the standard oval or shield with the year cut into a tasteful extension at the bottom of the shape?

FWIW, those "european style mounts" remind me of a smaller version of a table based, column type, podium, lecturn, or music stand.

They can't be too hard to design, they are just two plaques separated by an angled shaft or wooden block.

Have you got any pics of the ones you've cut for the locals?

HayTay
    HayTay

Don't be the one that stands in the way of your success!

For those who are wondering what "European Style Mounts" are, or look like, check out the links below:

Skull Taxidermy

G. W. Skulls

Van Dyke's Taxidermy

Dixie Classic Panels

Anyone CNC'd one of these?

HayTay
    HayTay

If you have more, and dont mind sharing, please post a few more. Do you have any arrow head shaped ones?
    Hack,

Here's a few trophy plaques, including arrowheads. You can "fancy" them up as you see fit. Let me know if you're still interested and I'll do some more in my spare time.

Keepin' the thread alive,

HayTay
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trophy Mounts 01_02_03_12_14b.PNG  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    HayTay

Awesome

Haytay,

I really appreciate you spending the time to post these. It is very kind of you. I routed a plaque from the first group you posted. Modified slightly. Below is a pic and I will also post the code for it as well. Cut it using turbocad with a 1/4" upcut spiral bit and a 90degree v groove bit in MDF. (I always test the code in MDF before taking a chance of ruining a good pc of hardwood.)

I will most likely try some of the others - but it will probably be next weekend before I do. Probable look at trying the arrows of some sort.

Still looking for a European style if you have it.

Dan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CNC Router Finished Pics 001.jpg   CNC Router Finished Pics 003.jpg  

Haytay,

I really appreciate you spending the time to post these. It is very kind of you. I routed a plaque from the first group you posted. Modified slightly. Below is a pic and I will also post the code for it as well.

Still looking for a European style if you have it.

Dan
    Very nice (Hack) job! Heh, heh, couldn't resist.

The fancy additions really made the mount stand out. I'm working on some other outlines right now. In the batch after that I'll tackle some of those European mounts you're after.

I converted your fancy mount into a DXF file. Is it OK to post it or would you prefer I didn't? I thought I'd be nice and ask first.

Waiting to see some more cuts,

HayTay
    HayTay

Feel Free

Please feel free to post the file. It's based on the design you provided anyways. Hopefully others will benefit as well.

Dan

Please feel free to post the file. It's based on the design you provided anyways. Hopefully others will benefit as well.

Dan
    Thanks, Dan,

Here's the 1DeerPlaque DXF file for all to enjoy.

More to come,

HayTay
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1DeerPlaque.PNG  
    HayTay

Here are some more basic plaque shapes for all to use, and abuse.

Still more to come,

Haytay
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 04_05_06_07_10_11b.PNG  
    HayTay

plaque designs

check out this site
    www.vectorclip3d.com
    some good looking files

If anyone is still around that did these files, can you post them in another format? I have never heard of DXF files. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brendalu View Post
    If anyone is still around that did these files, can you post them in another format? I have never heard of DXF files. Thanks
    Not sure what file type you are looking for. DXF imports into many programs and is considered to be a universal standard for vector files.

I guess that is for putting into some kind of machine or something? I can't open the files.

What are you wanting to open them in?
    Not sure what you are trying to do with them if not utilize them in some sort of CNC?

I now understand this site. I am a beginner woodcrafter; https://www.etsy.com/shop/DBWoodCrafters
    I do most everything by hand. Sure wish I had room and the money for that kind of machine. Oh well, sorry to bother anyone, guess I will try something else.

Page 1 of 2 12