585,748 active members*
3,676 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Laser Engraving and Cutting Machines > Laser Engraving / Cutting Machine General Topics > LaserCAD does not communicate proper feedrate and power to AWC608 DSP

LaserCAD does not communicate proper feedrate and power to AWC608 DSP

Hello Folks!
    I just did an AWC608 conversion on an older G.Weike 1200x900 machine, and am having trouble getting the AWC608 to listen to the feeds and speeds I've laid out in LaserCAD for the piece.

Attached are a screenshot of LaserCAD showing the proper feedrate and power I input, and a photo of the control panel, showing the incorrect feedrate and power.

It appears to be stuck on 200mm/s and 50% power, and nothing I've done so far has been able to change this. This happens for both engraving and cutting modes (screenshot just happens to be when I was testing cutting)

Thank you very much!

-C

Re: LaserCAD does not communicate proper feedrate and power to AWC608 DSP

I don't have a 608 but another DSP. Use the Keypad to Delete all files and reload you file (Download) from the computer and software while connected to the machine. See what happens then?

hi there
    first format the machine (DSP) memory from the display menu. did you set the values for your machine in the manufacturer settings, like work area, um values for X and Y , the max power etc?
    is this a real WAC 608 ? it looks tome its a thunderlaser DF modell or a old version of the AWC.
    greetings
    waltfl

there is a setting in one of the menu's on the display/keyboard where you can select what parameters to use: or the keyboard or the file's.
    That might fix your "problem"

Kees

Quote Originally Posted by herby08 View Post
    hi there
    first format the machine (DSP) memory from the display menu. did you set the values for your machine in the manufacturer settings, like work area, um values for X and Y , the max power etc?
    is this a real WAC 608 ? it looks tome its a thunderlaser DF modell or a old version of the AWC.
    greetings
    waltfl
    This is an AWC608 from LightObject - I believe it was advertised as the "2012" version. Software is LaserCAD 6.8.1

I did set the manufacturers settings to the appropriate values for the machine, including size, laser type, steps per unit, and max power. I have a screenshot I'll attach when I can acquire it.

I haven't tried formatting the DSP itself yet, not since it was new. I'll give that a shot next time I'm out looking at it.

there is a setting in one of the menu's on the display/keyboard where you can select what parameters to use: or the keyboard or the file's.
    I didn't find that when I poked through all of the menu settings prior to posting here, but I'll have a read through the documentation and see if I'm just not interpreting something correctly.

Thank you!

-C

did you update your OS? send me a PM with your system version see picture. then I can send you the update directly to you email.
    greetings
    waltfl

I think LightObject sent an OS update along with the DSP, and if I recall correctly, I may have installed one. I'm currently waiting for someone closer to the laser to send me the system version, but in the meantime, here's the requested shot of the manufacturer's parameters.

Thank you again!

-C
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails manufacturersparamaters.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by TechGraphix View Post

Kees
    Reading through the manual, I did find out that there is a way to manually adjust power. I also discovered the "Control Mode" option, with selections for "LCD Panel Params" or "Soft layer params." They never seemed to "work" for me, as I though they were submenus for setting system parameters, not defining what parameters are used in operations. I guess it does pay to read the manual!

I'll get to test this out next time I see the laser.

Thanks!

-C

Quote Originally Posted by wontpontificate View Post
    "LCD Panel Params" or "Soft layer params."
    That are settings i referred to!.. I was abroad so i couldn't check it for you...and the exact terms didn't pop up in my mind..
    Kees

hello to everyone. I'm new in this field. I purchased a laser machine controller AWC608. What do you think of these settings?
    Attachment 265418
    Attachment 265420
    machine goes ok, but I have only one problem. cutting, contour does not close well at higher speeds (over 200mms). use this line engraving speed, power tube set at 25 (RECI100W tube).

any advice is welcome. thank nice