585,700 active members*
3,672 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mach 2 - gibbs post

Hi guys
    Need help finding a post for mach2 from gibbscam.. Can anyone point me in the right direction. I talked with Gibbs and they want big bucks to write one for me. (Since I am not curent) Gibbs has a utility called post haste which I think can be used to roll your own but I though I might ask here before I put a ton of time into learning the post writer..
    Thanks
    JpBinc

Read the PostHaste Formatting Reference Manual, then find a template that posts something close to what you want. Rename the template and start editing. You might find an existing template in the library that is almost an exact match. PostHaste is pretty easy to work with and can be made to do some complex post processing. Unless you find someone who will give you a Gibbs post, this will be your alternative. You should be able to get the basics down fairly quickly and start posting in no time.

Hey thanks cadman
    That's what I did and it works well I'm not sure about cutter comp and circles yet but I will test it tomarrow. Thanks for putting me on the right path..
    JpBinc

Go through your Mach2 documentation and see what basic functions/formats it will support. Some sequences like Helical Arcs are not in most of the existing templates and you will need to add them. If you are not sure about formatting certain things such as Helical Arcs you can still add the sequence and turn it on or off as required. Good luck.