585,925 active members*
3,513 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Controller Cards > C10 Bob to C47 A/C Spindle Speed Controller Wiring

C10 Bob to C47 A/C Spindle Speed Controller Wiring

Ok I am trying to figure out how I am suppose to wire from my C10 Controller to cnc4pc's C47 A/C Spindle Speed Controller. The C47 has a network jack for the connector and the instructions only say to connect to their C35 board which also has a network jack but doesn't show a wiring diagram if you want to connect it to something that doesn't have a network jack.

Here is the C47 Manual
    Link

Here is the C10, there are several manuals but nothing in really refers to connecting an output.
    Link

The C47 only has 4 connections in the network jack 5V+, Grd, PWM, Vac/Pump. I won't be wiring in the second relay for this because there isn't enough power on the circuit for both the router and the vac. So disregarding the vac pin. I am not exactly sure how exactly to wire this. I am following their instructions as far as I can. So I put the PWM on Pin 14 of the C10, how am I connecting the 5v+ and the ground from the C47?

Also something funny with the C47. When I plug in the main 120v input to the card, the two relay controlled 120v default to ON.... So if I power down my computer my router is going to turn on..... REALLY...... is that right...... why would it default to ON instead of OFF???

Re: C10 Bob to C47 A/C Spindle Speed Controller Wiring

Anyone used a C47 AC Speed Controller?

Re: C10 Bob to C47 A/C Spindle Speed Controller Wiring

Ok I managed to get it partially working. I managed to figure it out by looking at one of their other boards. There are only 4 wires used on the C47. 5v, Gnd, PWM, Vac. I ran the +5V to the +5v on the power supply feeding the C10 Bob. PWM went to 14, Vac on 16, and Gnd on Gnd on the C10 output. I get it to turn off and on and I get some variation in the speed but I haven't been able to figure out the pulley settings in Mach yet. I will update when I know more.