584,830 active members*
5,222 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 3 123

bridgeport interact 4 spindle drive

i have a bridgeport interact 4 and the spindle won't turn on. everything else works when we sent a "m03" or "m04" command. we replaced the mt-1 board.. anyone heard of this problem and what to do?

Since you have a MTI-1 board you must have a KTK spindle drive. It will display errors by use of leds on the main board. There is no support or parts for these spindle drives from the manufacturer. If it is bad, you need to get a Mentor replacement drive from EMI.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Does anyone know the spec of the spindle motor in the interact 4? Specifically the field and main voltages ?
    Dom
    http://www.ukrobotics.com/projects

Question Bridgeport Interact 4 Series II

I have two of these machines of which one runs and the other does not. The one that doesn't run was purchased on Ebay and the seller said it ran. He lied! The Heidenhain 2500 gives me a spindle drive fault when I try to execute an M03 or M04. The MT1 board on this machine I believe has been "fried". There is one open diode (D4) and the transformer shows signs of being hot. I found some people in England that supply new remodeled MT1 boards for about $1000. They are [email protected]. They told me the voltage at terminals 30 & 33 should be 415Vac. I had 413 at those terminals. They also said there should be about 100 ohms resistance across the motor field.I measured mine and only found 26 ohms(wires 217 & 218) . I also measured the resistance on my machine that runs and got the same 26 ohms. It looks like I'm in the same situation that you are. I'm afraid to take my MT1 board out of my good machine and try it. If it fries I will have two machines that don't run. Let me know what happens. I really don't want to sink a whole bunch of money into this machine.

Gentlemen, give me your email addresses. I can find and forward to you the Bridgeport KTK spindle drive maintenance class notes in PDF. It may answer a lot of questions.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

The forum members with Bridgeport Mills are extremly lucky to have Professionals like Machintek ( and others ) who freely give their time and knowledge to help !..In fact the knowledge and Professionalism shown by members like NC Cams ( need the right bearing and application ? Just ask !), Al The Man ( wow! what a mind ) the Widgitmaster ( where do you get your energy !) Lakeside ( no doubt this man has spent lots and lots of hours in front of a mill and lathe ),JerryFlyGuy ( what a designer),Ken Shea, Vince Pstocky, Dame ,our Irish friend,diarmaid, that Englishman and gentleman, Hood ,our very special Aussie friends ( who I spent lots of time with in SE Asia a long time ago )! and a lot of people just to numerous to mention who take their time,energy and knowledge to answer and help ....from me and I'm sure , a lot of other CNC addicts, we thank you for your time, energy and professional knowledge.

Adobe Machine (old as dirt)

KTK Spindle Drive Notes

Thanks George, Any info you have on the KTK spindle drive would be greatly appreciated. I checked the Mentor web site and found too much information . Do happen to know what drive they have would replace the KTK? Is it an easy conversion? Thanks Dan

Dan, I found those notes, it is about 6 MB in length but it includes the KTK manual. Need an Email address.

George

George, got your email today. Many thanks!
    Dom
    http://www.ukrobotics.com/projects

Hi George , Could you be so kind to send me also a copy of the ktk manual ? I have a Bridgeport Interact 1 with heidenhain 2500 controler and the spindle does not work just defines Spindle Drive fault

thanks for your support !!

Adobe, I will excuse you seeing as you are as old as dirt but please look at my location

Hood

whoops; A very Scotish gentleman..I do apoligise..But I was younger then !

Adobe (older than dirt)

Hi guys i had the very same trouble with my interact 1 with 2500 control the same message came up with spindel drive fault.We tracked it down to the small transformer on the mti board it did get fried ,if you look closely you can see the resin all burnt.I did some very long hours searching around for imformation on the transformer and after finding out the neccessary values,i had a much more heavy duty one made, and fitted it away from the board, on the inside of the cabinet on a insulated pad.And thank goodness she s been running well since.

Hi machintek , I am new to the site so please excuse. I need info on KTK spindle drive fitted to a Bridgeport 4 Interact. The only real info I can give is it has an MT1-1 board which seems ok. I am not outputing a start signal to the TNC-155 from terminal 29 and i believe the problem is on the main drive board. Any drawings or info greatly appreciated , thanks , Alexander...

Alexander, i need a email address to send it to.

George

Hi George , Re KTK drive , my email is [email protected] , thanks for the prompt reply , kind regards , Alexander...

KTK DRIVE

Hi George , thanks for your help. The info you provided got the drive repaired , much obliged , Alexander....

George,

First thanks for all your help in the forum.

You have mentioned a set of KTK service notes about 6mb in size. I have the KTK drive that is running right now, but would like to be prepared when the time comes. Could you please send me the service notes?

My e-mail is [email protected]

Thanks,

Paul

P.S. I might be able to reduce the file size with some PDF tools that I have, would you be interested in a reduced file size version?

Can anyone send me those notes for the KTK drive also? Mine keeps blowing capcitors. I thought it was a thyristor problem, but even with that replaced more smelly smoke... Thanks. My email is clubpasser_at_gmail.com

Brian

Hi George , after about 50 running hours the spindle failed , it just keep rotating but it does not obey to the up and down manual stick , I just turn off the machined I tried to make the home process , and it does not make home because Z axis is not possible to move , The MT1 board has it´s red led on , and their 2 fuses are ok , could any body tell me how could I trouble shoot this failure ?
    Thanks
    Alejandro

Page 1 of 3 123