584,858 active members*
4,461 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 3 123
    Quote Originally Posted by zin View Post
    Any help on the first "parameter page marked "I/O"" that you mention in a previous post? Where should i look for it?
    You obviously haven't discovered parameters "screen" on machine yet, have you?
    When you press "param/dgnos" button you get screen with "PARAMETERS" at upper left corner, if not so, keep pressing button until you get to PARAMETERS screen.
    Now you should see line "I/O", if not so, move with page-up until you find it. Or just press "No." button and type in "0" and than press "INPUT"

EDIT: Look at the attachements
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg  
    Sorry for bad english

Thanks For all the help! I made the cable today and also found the I/O! lol
    Now... for a new problem, i configured the RS232 door using the info in a previous post and it follows:
    Parameters set on Fanuc:
    REV X = 0
    REV Y = 0
    TV ON = 0
    ISO = 1
    INCH = 0
    I/O = 0
    ABS = 1
    SEQ = 0
    Using the information posted by Dan Fritz i used:
    For parameter 002 the last bit is 1: using 2 stop bits.
    Parameter 552 is set to 10: using 4800 baud
    Using also 7 data bits, even parity and Xon/Xoff flow control

I believe this to be correct... When sending files to machine, i had a message alert for error P/S 085, which consists on a overrun, parity or framing error!
    Also tried all the combination of parity and the rest i don't how to solve..
    Anyone ever solved this problem?
    Sorry for being such a pain!

Edit: the code that i tried to upload to the machine was the following
    N100 G0 X5.00 Y5.00
    N100 G0 X0.00 Y0.00
    N100 G0 X-5.00 Y5.00
    Don't know if its the code itself...

Do you have begining of a program like this:

Code:
    %
    :1234 (1234 is a program number)
    M30 / M2
    %
    Maybe you are sending program number which already exists in machine.
    Maybe your LOCK / WRITE key is set to lock.

Maybe I am saying stupid things because I can't remember which alarms accour in cases I mentioned. Eighty and something is for sure
    Sorry for bad english

The key was set to write and there was no program number already in the machine.
    The problem was really the code. Bad syntax, my bad! Padobranac's code was what was missing in my code.

I still can't upload a program... the machine gives the same old P/S 085 error! I can download from the fanuc to the PC but the reverse doesn't work.

I have a theory, is there any end-of-program character? Or something that tells the fanuc "Where comes a program!" lol

Thanks for all the help!

If you can receive at the PC then the baud rate etc is probably ok, the other reason for the 085 can be your hardware handshake is not satisfied at the controller.
    I personally prefer to use the Hardware handshake jumpered out, as the control uses software handshake.
    This is 4-5, 6-8-20 jumpered on the control 25D plug.
    No wires on these pins between CNC and PC ends.
    If this does not work, you may have a faulty port IC.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

I had a similar situation with a 6M-B that I own. Fortunately I am pretty good making cables, so I found the diagram in the book that came with the machine. I now use a 0M control. I don't have the cable, but should I be using 4800?

Hello everybody. I have a machining center with fanuc om-d control. Do baudrate or other dnc settings effect(slowdowns, vibration) machine movement? Movement on radius corners and 3D curve movements.

Thanks Al!

The problem was in the software handshake.

Problem solved!
    :banana: :banana: :banana:

Hello everybody,

I need a help about FANUC 0-M, and maybe somebody can help me.

I have a FANUC 0-M control, and I would like to connect a PC directly on the machine by serial cable and run the part program directly from the PC. Im using a very longer programs, and I dont have a space in the internal memory from the machine. So, I did a training int FANUC Service Center, and they showed me how to do it in the Control 21i , they used CNCCOM software, and it worked perfectly.

Is it possible do it on the FANUC 0-M Control ??? How to do it ??

Thanks a lot

André Lima

Re: Conecting Fanuc-OM to PC

I am going insane trying to send programs to my Kitamura Mycenter 1 with Fanuc O-M control. Now I think it may be the cable. I bought a cable from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1. It works on my 1983 Mori Seiki SL-1A lathe with Yasnac control. They claim it should work for Fanuc controls. But I have been tweaking settings and can't get it to work.

I prefer to use the 3 wire cable with the H.S. jumpered out.
    Here is a PDF that may help
    Al..
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Quote Originally Posted by Fadal Error View Post
    I am going insane trying to send programs to my Kitamura Mycenter 1 with Fanuc O-M control. Now I think it may be the cable. I bought a cable from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1. It works on my 1983 Mori Seiki SL-1A lathe with Yasnac control. They claim it should work for Fanuc controls. But I have been tweaking settings and can't get it to work.
    The cable looks OK. I'll bet that your Fanuc 0M is either not set to use ISO (ASCII) tape codes, or else it doesn't have the ISO option and only uses the old EIA tape code. First off, use some communications software that can send and receive in either code. If you don't have that kind of software, Our PC-DNC Editor does that, and you can download a free demo copy that will work for 30 days just to see if that's your problem. Use this link to download our Editor:

http://www.sub-soft.com/download/Edi...itor_4.0.4.exe

The first step is to match the PC-DNC Editor's settings for baudrate, stop-bits, parity, etc. If this is a really old Fanuc 0M control, look at parameters 002, 012, 552, and 553. Send them to me at [email protected] If it's a newer 0M model (0Mi), send me parameters 20, 100, 101, 102, and 103 instead. That will tell me how your CNC is set, so we can match the Editor to it.

There are also some "bits" to set on the "SETTING" page. The bit marked "ISO" should be a "1", and the bit marked "TV" or "TV check" should be a zero.

If you know the Fanuc's baudrate and stop-bit setting, go into our Editor's IO/Configure IO device menu and set the correct baudrate and stop-bits, then set it to 7 data bits, ASCII Even parity, and Xon/Xoff handshaking. Then, Apply those settings and to back to the IO menu and click "Terminal window" You should get a black screen, which will show everything that comes in through the serial port.

If you don't know your PCs "COM" port number, you'll need to go into the Windows Device Manager, under "Ports (COM and LPT)" to see what COM port number your PC is using. A COM port on the back of the PC is usually COM1, but if you're using a USB-to-Serial adapter, Windows automatically assigns a COM port number, so it might be COM3, COM4, COM5, etc. You won't know what COM port number to use in our Editor unless you look in the Device Manager. Finding the Device manager is different for each version of Windows, so send that info to me also. I can give you the menu path to find the Device Manager.

With the Editor's "Terminal Window" open, try to send a file from the CNC to the PC. You should see SOMETHING on the screen. It might look like your program, it might not. If it doesn't click the button at the bottom to "Save as RTF" and save that screen as an RTF file. Send that tile to me. Then, click the button "Show ASCII" and send the file to the PC again, Again, save an RTF file and send that to me.

With all this info, I should be able to help you communicate

Dan Fritz

This thing is not that old. Circa 2000, I believe. It looks like neither my old BobCAD V17 CAM or Predator DNC software has options for EIA tape code. I am about to try PC-DNC.

One question: I see a TAPEF parameter. Would that have an affect on sending programs? Maybe it is set for a tape punch and can be set to communicate with a PC.

Also, I have a 005 error on the tool changer LCD readout because my tool pot is stuck in the down position. I have not been able to resolve that issue yet. I can still run programs that are already in the control. I was hoping to run it by changing tools manually until I can get a qualified technician to repair the ATC. It is possible that the error is interfering with program transfer somehow.

Dan, I tried PC-DNC to see if it needed EIA format. That didn't work. Then I went back to ASCII and tried sending a program from the control to the PC and it worked! It looked just like the program displayed on the control too. I tried sending a different program that was much longer and got a 911 RAM PARITY (HIGH) alarm which locked up the control. I restarted the control and all seems well. I was also able to receive a program with Predator, although I didn't try the large one again.

I should note that I don't even get errors when I try to send a program from the PC to the control. I'm really starting to think that the control is refusing to receive anything until I clear the ATC alarm. I can't even figure out how to enter a new program manually.

By the way, here are those parameters:

002 10000110
    012 11010001
    552 11 (It was set to 9. I changed it to 11)
    553 9

Does this control really top out at 9600 baud? My older Fadals will run 19200, which is necessary for the data to keep up with the machine when 3D contouring.

my 0m-A system has lost the abilty to recive programs. it started as a loss of DNC that I thought was computer issues. I was transfering programs over to run from memory but that has stopped also.

my cable was working as a full hand shake wiring but I also have tried the 3 wire software flow control and the LSK light just blinks. I don't get any errors.

I can send programs and back up parameters and I have tested the computer and it is sending data.

is there anything I should try before concluding the rs232 chips are dead?

Insanity continues. I resolved the ATC issue and the alarm condition is cleared.

I still can't send a program to the control. I can send a program from the control to the PC.

I am using Predator 2005. Here are some pics of the settings. Can anybody figure out what might be wrong?

Try Predator with "Windows Style CR/LF" ...Also, Program must Start with a % (Percent Sign). Also, you may have to set the Fanuc to Receive Program before sending from PC. Been a long time sense I've run a Fanuc Control..

Good Luck,
    DJ

'

Set flow to Xon/Xoff, disable RTS and DTR.

Thanks for the help. Unfortunately it still isn't working. I'm wondering if it is the plug on the machine now.

Don't wonder. Know for sure! I use these on everything from Fanuc to Okuma to old Makino MGH controllers.. A quick check on the light status makes quick work.
    https://www.amazon.com/GearMo-Adapte...s%2C185&sr=8-5

Page 2 of 3 123