585,728 active members*
4,690 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Mazak, Mitsubishi, Mazatrol > Mazak SQT 10MS - Alarm 16 Amplifier not Equipped

Mazak SQT 10MS - Alarm 16 Amplifier not Equipped

Hello,

New to the forum and CNC machines in general.

We are a small company in West Michigan that manufactures safety products for off-road vehicles. Up till now, we have been out sourcing all of our turned parts either locally or over seas.

We are attempting to bring most of our turned parts in house.

Therefore, we purchased our first 'used' Mazak SQT 10MS from our neighbor. The machine runs excellent and we have operational support on all sides of us.

We just moved the machine from its operating environment to our building next door. Our licensed Master Electrician was in and ran power to the machine.

At its old location, it was setup on 480 3P power. At our building, we only have 220 3P available. Therefore, my electrician ran a new circuit to the machine. Today

after referring to a machine booklet, he swapped out the 'bars' on the transformer to alter the voltage from 480 to 208. The machine powers up, the T32 control powers up fine.

But, in the lower left corner of the screen, we are getting a message in red that reads "16 AMPLIFIER NOT EQUIPPED". Prior to making any changes, my electrician even talked to the local Mazak support guy to see if there were any other changes that needed to be made such as to a "control transformer". He said that he did not believe their was.
    Attachment 238110Attachment 238110

Can anyone tell us what we are missing here? Are there additional changes that need to be made? Does something need to be reset? What next steps do you recommend?

I am trying to get a jump on this before Monday to see if I can have it resolved prior to Mazak Support coming in.

Thank you in advance for your time and suggestions.

Sincerely,
    Mike

Re: Mazak SQT 10MS - Alarm 16 Amplifier not Equipped

one servo drive or spindle drive doesn´t work.
    check the display in each drive.