585,908 active members*
3,827 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Going from SOlidworks to mastercam to Anilam 3000

Going from SOlidworks to mastercam to Anilam 3000

I am very new to this and want to go prom a 3d solid model in Solidworks , set up the toolpaths etc in master cam and the get it into the Anilam 3000 box...

I have the model ready but want to learn how to create the set up in MaterCAm X and then enable Anilam 300 to read it.

What do I do...

Geez Mr G...

You're really starting from scratch it seems...

Why don't you start with a basic class at your friendly neighborhood Mastercam reseller ?

Otherwise it's going to make your brain hurt trying to stumble through it...

I will look into that.. I was wondering if there are any other resorces like cd's books that cover 3d... stuff..

or any brain microchips i could insert..

thanks

Many forum users recommend these books although I have never seen them personally.

http://www.emastercam.com/resources/

There is also LOTS to learn by reading through the forum area of that website.

Wow thanks

I will give the forums a try first b4 i dish out the money..

thx

Hi MrG,

Didn't we talk the other day about my Training CD's? You can get what you want for free in the users forums, provided you want it in VERY small pieces and have all the time in the world to get the job done. But if you want the important information, in detail, shown in a Start to Finish process, you should be looking at my CD's.

Mike Mattera
    Tips For Manufacturing Training CD's, DVD's for Mastercam, SolidWorks, Inventor, G-Code Training & More
    http://www.tipsforcadcam.com

Yes Sir.. that was me..

I am just researching and seeing what my options are.. your CD's look like a good avenue to take..

I have to convince my counterparts at school that splitting the costs would be a good option..

Thanks for the info

a.) Mastercam can directly read solidworks files. simply file, open, select sldprt file from the drop down box, then select your file.

b.) machine type, mill/lathe/wire (whatever machine you want), then select a machine, or select machine definitions manager.

i.) under machine def manager, select your type of machine , vmc/lathe/whatever, set up your machine, *hint - x axis, y axis, workholding (machine table), a axis, workholding (rotary axis chuck), then obviously z axis, tool spindle, then even more obvious toolchanger mechanism, double click any axis/component to set its max feeds, etc.

once all this is done, you can pretty much start to run toolpaths (but make sure you have the correct machine definition, post, control definition, etc before you will get any half decently useable code from the post)

should be a start for you.

If you have all this software and machine access at school, wouldn't you get help from an instructor? I'm sure they have books as well.