585,759 active members*
3,939 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > EMCO CNC Machines > EMCO Lathe > Emco 5 cnc lathe turret not rotating completly

Emco 5 cnc lathe turret not rotating completly

When I press 1 thru 6 and fwd in manual mode the turret clicks and does not move in circle. what ever number you press it wil click those times but will not rotate.. Took it apart and motor turns all the time but when you press number and fwd it reverses but will not turn tool holder it moves about 1/8 of a inch. Any suggestions?

Re: Emco 5 cnc lathe turret not rotating completly

rpace

They only run in reverse, to the selected tool stop, then move forward a small amount to lock, if it does not do this then you have a problem
    Mactec54

The motor runs counter clockwise all the time until you press number 1 thru 6 and fwd at same time than it unlocks but the tool post does not move to what ever number you pressed. The machine is in manual mode when I do this. Is my step motor running the wrong direction? As it is when its running it keeps tool post against lock. I hope this explains it better. Last question does the step motor only turn the tool post when you program what tool you want?

Than I have problem it starts to turn and than stops any ideas where to look. Is there a program that thats shuts movement of tool can I delete all presets.

If you remove the cover of the electronic cabinet on the backside of the machine, you must locate the control board of the turret. That is a Board below the tape drive control board I think some 4*4" big. On this board should be a variable resistor. With this you can adjust the time the motor runs in the right direction. If the time is gone the motor runs with less power in the opposite direction.