585,981 active members*
4,087 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 3 123

boston, ma CNC zoners?

is there anyone in the boston area (or north/south shore/rhode island!) interested in swapping ideas or putting together a CNC machine, router or mill?

or anyone interested in just building electro/mechanical stuffs?

-steve

I'm on the North Shore, and am interested, but it will be a while until I get around to it

Eventually, I would like a CNC mill and a CNC router for my metalworking and woodworking. The CNC router would be great for furniture and the telescopes that I am making.

-Jeff

Jeff,

Sounds good, i'll shoot you a PM or an email!

-steve

I'm in the area and have retrofitted a CNC machine and built my own plasma cutter. I'm always down for swapping ideas and hearing what other people are up to.

What electro-mechanical stuff are you thinking of buildilng?

-Matt

almost anything! for one thing, i'd like to get started on my CNC router.
    making parts for RC helicopters, motorcycles, gadgets and widgets.

Hi guys,
    I am in the area also(southern N.H.) I have a cnc router/plasma combo & Manual Lathe. I would be interested in talking shop.

I'm south of boston cnc by trade I will be buying new in the next six month but if you need program help let me know I'm in Hanson 20mile south of boston just north of plymouth

I'm right on the MA/RI border and would also be interested [email protected]

Steven

I'm a little farther south in Westerly RI, but would be interested in talking.
    I am working on building a router.
    So far I have accomplished little. I built a hobby board, and am in the process of turning down the 1/2 acme to fit the bearings I have. Then I still have to make the bearing trucks and the router assembly itself. Hope to be finished before August gets here, but I doubt it.
    Stephen

Hello, Speedre here, I'm in So. NH also, right on the Mass border. I use Mach 3 as a control system and have suggested at their forum site that we start a support group made up of regionally local members, but to no avail. I'm down to get one going. I have a K2 CNC Ganty that I'd just love to know how to use to its full advantage. I'd also like to share horror stories . Get the ball rolling.

900 steve,
    What size router are you looking to build?

SPEEDRE,
    I bought a practicalcnc router, hows that for the first horror story!
    All kidding aside, I have made a ton of stuff on this thing. I am using wincnc on mine but have heard the Mach is better. What are you having trouble with? Maybe I can help.

Lakeside,
    Thanks for the offer. What are you going to Buy? Router, Plasma, Mill?

Chaulk up another one for southern NH, south of Manchester specifically. Already started on a servo machine that will mill Al, plasma and wield the gas hatchet....

Quote Originally Posted by cut more
    900 steve,
    What size router are you looking to build?

cut more:

i'm aiming for the 36" x 48" x ?" as a first router build. i layed out some PCBs for drivers, which now need to be populated and tested. i haven't started any real construction yet, mostly sketches and plans for now.

-steve

One more here in Southern NH. I have a Bridgeport Mill that is running Mach3, a small small cnc dremel tool, and I'm working on converting an old hardinge, and two high accuracy mini mills. I'm still gathering parts for a plasma cutter... I have a few friends in the area also using Mach3, some of them are members of this site.

This hobby and my job are very closely related, as I design custom actuators and high precision motion systems for high tech industries. I've had fun meeting a few people, and would love to be part of a group.

I have attended a couple New England Model Engineering Society meetings, ( http://www.neme-s.org/ ) and there are a few people at these monthly meetings in Waltham MA who have and know CNC. It's free to attend, and it's a very cool old mill building where they used to make watches. Plus, some of the work that these members have done is simply amazing. Definetly worth a visit.

Neatman

Hi
    Im south of Boston in the Weymouth area.
    In the process of building a mini machine shop
    and got my taig cnc mill setup and running.
    I can make small parts.
    Email [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by cut more
    Lakeside,
    Thanks for the offer. What are you going to Buy? Router, Plasma, Mill?
    looking at a fryer cnc 40X 20Y bed mill

I am Portsmouth, NH. I am putting plans together to build a 5x10 servo CNC router. The servo part of this is new to me. If there is anyone in the area who has some back ground and insight into setting up a machine with servo motors, I'd like to talk.

I think it would be great to make some connections in the area.

Sounds like there are enough of us along the NH/MA border that we should have a get together somewhere...

If no-one has a shop big enough for us, we could meet at a resturant.

I'd love to see the kinds of things people make. I especially would like to see plasma cut samples in steel, stainless, and aluminum.

-Jeff

hi; I am interested,I have a wood shop in lawrence,mass and been dabling in something for this industry..... joe

what a great response!

let's try to organize a meet or two. maybe it seems like we need a south shore meet up, and a north shore/southern NH meet, any ideas?

i got a small project i want to start on, i'd like to make a collective and cyclic inputs for the microsoft 2004 flight sim to be used for helicopter cockpit simulation. a little bit electro, and a little mechanical. any locals interested?

send me a PM and i'll try and organize things so we can put some heads together or just swap CNC and related (or not!) ideas.

-steve

Page 1 of 3 123