584,808 active members*
5,158 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > 434 servo alarm: Z axis detect error
Page 2 of 2 12
    i have 444 alarm i need help whit this!!! When i do turn on to my VMC with Fanuc OMD .

for 0M
    parameter 37 bits from 0 to 3 (axes from 1st to 4th)
    1 - separate pulse coder or linear scale used
    0 - separate pulse coder or linear scale not used

Quote Originally Posted by rgdcncmachines View Post
    i have 444 alarm i need help whit this!!! When i do turn on to my VMC with Fanuc OMD .
    error 4n4: N–th axis digital servo system fault. Refer to diagnosis display No. 720 and No.727 for details

Yes i know my friend . In my DGN 723 #6 its 1 . So in manual book says Low Voltage. But Low voltage where????

Enviado desde mi GT-I9300 usando Tapatalk

low incomming voltage to servo amplifier
    may be one phase is absent
    for instance, a bad contactor inside the amplifier

230V input ??

Enviado desde mi GT-I9300 usando Tapatalk

yes
    tell the model of a drive
    first of all, check 230V on input terminals
    but if be more correct the low voltage is DC voltage on capacitors
    from the other hand it might be a problem of measuring system, which controls the DC bus

We check all boards and components are very fine. Voltage AC 223V, voltage DC 307 VDC. all between range. But the alarm 444 again display in the machine in power on.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9300 mediante Tapatalk

I need heeeeellllp!!!!

Enviado desde mi GT-I9300 mediante Tapatalk

your drive is faulty
    replace or repair

I am getting a 434 alarm on a fanuc O-MD, some times as soon as it homes, sometimes in the middle of a program . Checked diagnosis #722 reads 00100000 and the only info I can find says "over current alarm. Looking for info as is this over current to??? does this mean drawing excessive current, or receiving to much??

also what is the best way to see if the brake is operatin properly? machine is real jerky during rapid on z axis

it is overload alarm, detected by CNC, not drive
    check mechanics, you may rotate the screw by hand feel the resistance from z axis
    usually brake is supplied from 24V, connect 24V and rotate motor shaft or screw
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cnczone_1.png 
Views:	42 
Size:	33.7 KB 
ID:	205916

when it says "Check current at check terminal IR and IS at servo amplifier and compare with rated current of motor" should I be checking across these 2 terminals or testing each seperatley? Very new to working on these and want to make sure before I give it a shot.

OK guys pulled the Z axis motor back off to check ball screw, well I found the flange that goes on the end of the motor did not have a nut on it and it was loose on the shaft. Very interesting as I just had the motor over hauled. Well after looking the reason they did not put the nut back on the shaft is because they flared the nose off the shaft out when trying to pull the flange off, and the first few threads were to big for the nut to go on.

Well I sent it back in and they replaced the shaft and tested the motor while they had it and it should show up today. After checking the ball screw on the machine it seems to turn fine by hand but was wondering if the counter weight should hold the head or how much effort should it take to lift the head of the machine. I can lift the head by hand so I think everything is fine with the mechanics but just wanted to double check that the head should not stay up when I release the ball screw, if fall down but pretty slow.

Re: 434 servo alarm: Z axis detect error

Quote Originally Posted by Al_The_Man View Post
    If you look a the diagnostic work for that axis it should tell you precisely the alarm type
    diag, 720~727 for up to 8 axis.
    as per the attached PDF.
    Also if the axis runs away, you should be able to set a deviation error in one of the parameters to avoid a crash, it should shut the servo's off.
    Al.
    please tell me how to set a deviation? what is parameter for get it?

Re: 434 servo alarm: Z axis detect error

Dear sir.
    Please tell me more how to set the deviation error in one of the parameter for avoid alarm 434 x axis detect error on fanuc 3 axis in one amplifier type?

Thank you so much for your help!

Page 2 of 2 12