585,762 active members*
4,412 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > Replacement spindle bearings arrived unsealed type

Replacement spindle bearings arrived unsealed type

When I ordered them I didn't catch that they were/are an open or unsealed type. I've bought the special Kluber grease now, but as I'm getting ready to put them on, I'm having second thoughts.

I do have a means to cut precise covers/gaskets to go between the bearings and their bearing covers. On first thought, this should alleviate any issues with swarf getting in there.

I intend to use a swatch from the shower liner material I'm using in the flood coolant enclosure for the quasi-gasket. It's made from flexible PVC material.

Even if they wear down, they will be very easy to replace.

Thoughts? Recommendations? Issues seen lurking to raise their heads down the road?

Re: Replacement spindle bearings arrived unsealed type

What type of bearing did you order? AC's are open, as well as tapered roller bearings. The only "sealed" bearing you will get is a deep groove radial bearing.
    www.benchtopprecision.com
    | BF20/G0704 Belt Drive Kits | X2 Mini-Mill Belt Drive Kits |

AC - angular contact. I just finished cutting the 0.040" thick gaskets about 5 minutes ago. Now I am staring at them wondering which direction is up!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BTP View Post
    What type of bearing did you order? AC's are open, as well as tapered roller bearings. The only "sealed" bearing you will get is a deep groove radial bearing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vogavt View Post
    AC - angular contact. I just finished cutting the 0.040" thick gaskets about 5 minutes ago. Now I am staring at them wondering which direction is up on the bearings!

Quote Originally Posted by BTP View Post
    AC's are open, as well as tapered roller bearings. The only "sealed" bearing you will get is a deep groove radial bearing.
    Not so. There are plenty of sealed A/C bearings - I've used them many times. Just check any good bearing supplier.

Regards,
    Ray L.

I AM GLAD TO TAKE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO INTRODUCE OURSELVES AS ONE OF THE LEADING SUPPLIERS OF Precision Bearings for CNC and Machine tool ,AND YRT bearings WHICH ARE FROM THE REOWNED MAKE OF Wafangdian Tianjiu Bearings Technology Co.,Ltd.,.

WE ARE IN THIS BUSINESS SINCE LAST FIFTEEN YEARS; IN THIS SPAN OF TIME WE HAVE SUPPLIED PRECISION IN ALMOST ALL THE CONTINENTS OF THE WORLD.

OUR BEARINGS WITH COMMON PRECISION ARE MAINLY MIDDLE / LARGE BALL BEARINGS, ROLLER BEARINGS AND SELF-LUBRICATING JOINT BEARINGS. OUR SL BEARINGS ARE FAVORED BY CUSTOMERS. BESIDES, WE DEVELOP HIGH-PRECISION YRT ROTATED BEARINGS, MACHINE TOOL MAINSHAFT BEARINGS AND MOTOR PRECISION BEARINGS. THE PRECISIONS OF OUR BEARINGS HAVE REACHED LEVELS OF P5, SP, P4 AND UP.

FEATURED BY HIGH PRECISION, LOW NOISE, HIGH ROTARY SPEED, HIGH QUALITY AND LONG SERVICE LIFE, OUR PRODUCTS SAVE USERS’ COST AND SHORTEN PURCHASE TERM. WIDELY APPLIED TO COMMON MACHINE TOOLS, CNC MACHINE TOOLS, LARGE / MIDDLE MOTORS, PRECISION ROLLING MILLS, ETC., OUR PRODUCTS FILLED THE DOMESTIC BLANKS AND CAN SUBSTITUTE IMPORTED PRODUCTS.

THIS IS TO INFORM YOU THAT WE HAVE PRECISION BEARINGS AND OTHER GOOD QUALITY BEARINGS AVAILABLE, CAN SUPPLY FOR YOU WITH BEST QUALITY.

PLEASE SEND US YOUR REQUIREMENTS IF YOU HAVE BEARINGS NEED.

WE CAN SUPPLY OUR BEST PRODUCTS FOR YOU.
    Wafangdian Tianjiu Bearings Technology Co.,Ltd.
    (Wafangdian Heavy Bearings Researching & Manufacturing Co.,Ltd.)
    Brand:WZFB
    Web: 瓦房店天久轴承科技有限公司(原 瓦房店重型轴承研究制造有限公司)
    Tel: 0411-85366785
    Fax: 0411-85366785
    Mobile:+86-15942617721
    E-mail:[email protected]
    Q Q : 178702120

Do our best to give customer best service.

Vogavt, your PM box is full. Send me a message when you empty it... Thx Greg