584,837 active members*
5,106 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > MadCAM > Problems with 4 axis operations...

Problems with 4 axis operations...

This may be the same problem as with the 5 axis, see image attached with odd tool paths.

Also, the 4 axis settings direction value keeps resetting to "0,0,1" for each operation. So if you set it to something like "1,0,0" and do a roughing pass, then do a z-level finishing pass the finishing pass will be calculated using the "0,0,1" value, not the"1,0,0" you set. You open that dialog and you see the value "0,0,1"

Re: Problems with 4 axis operations...

here is an image where i remove Venus De Milo's head and left the tool paths. The too paths go straight through her head.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Untitled-1.jpg  

So I updated yesterday but I am getting more strange behavior beside paths going through the models. Things like two bounding boxes for the stock representation. I've uploaded an image showing the problems. You can see the Z level finishing sudden goes straight through Venus De Milo's head. I left the spit she is rotated on so you can see the paths wild divergence.

I have broken 5 really expensive endmills in the past week on operations that looked fine and were correct in simulation. I was really shocked because I had only tweaked the operations and didn't do any major alterations. When I ran old files they produced great output and nothing broke. It looked like the slope or lead in angle was way off but I blamed myself for it. Could this be related?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails demiloerrors.jpg  

Just to be clear, you updated after the release of SR10? Or were you running an older version and updated to SR9? I only ask due to the fact that SR10 was released yesterday so it could go either way.

Dan
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

That would be SR10 as I keep it current. The SR10 part I cannot find anywhere but the version says: 5.0.2014.610

It updated yesterday because the first thing I do before using any external module in Rhino is I update it. Keeps me out of trouble generally, maybe not this time though ;-)

It's probably best if you communicate this issue, with examples, to Joakim personally. You can contact him here:

[email protected]
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)