585,698 active members*
3,618 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > FANUC OM / MAKINO FNC-106 Toolchanger Losing Track Of Tools

Exclamation FANUC OM / MAKINO FNC-106 Toolchanger Losing Track Of Tools

Leblond Makino FNC-106 mid 1980's, FANUC OM. We have a problem whereby upon entering a T call tool number & doing an M6, the CMOS would lose track of all the tools. We'd run the algorithm to reset all the tools & manually put back into place. Machine would run for a day or two & then lose track of tools again when doing an M6. We've changed the main batteries & tried removing the CMOS card & letting it set for a while, but no difference.

Current state of machine is this. It is keeping track of the tools in magazine, but it has a T00 for the tool number in the spindle. I've run the program to reset all the magazine tool numbers, but it will not let me change the number in the spindle to anything from T00. If you try to do a tool change it gives you a Spin T-Code lost No. 2012. I've tried to enter everything from 1 to 99 to reset the T00. Prior to the T00 in the spindle problem you could change tools, etc., but it would just lose track of them randomly. Currently it is not losing track of the tools in the magazine. It did seem to be better @ keeping track of the tools if you didn't shut the machine off.

Right now, I can't change tools & am having to cut everything 1 up. Does anyone know how to clear the T00 in the spindle & replace with a T01 or something, so I can do a tool change. Also, the ongoing problem is that loses track of the magazine tools ever other day or so & you have to go in & resort all the tools into their proper pot after running the program to set Pot 1 = T1, etc. Is there another battery on this thing somewhere, or is the CMOS board going bad? If the board is going bad, how do you configure a new board or have this one fixed.

I'm not down, but I'm burning hours & am having to manually edit each program which is dangerous.

Thx, Mike

Quote Originally Posted by alcarinc View Post
    Leblond Makino FNC-106 mid 1980's, FANUC OM. We have a problem whereby upon entering a T call tool number & doing an M6, the CMOS would lose track of all the tools. We'd run the algorithm to reset all the tools & manually put back into place. Machine would run for a day or two & then lose track of tools again when doing an M6. We've changed the main batteries & tried removing the CMOS card & letting it set for a while, but no difference.

Current state of machine is this. It is keeping track of the tools in magazine, but it has a T00 for the tool number in the spindle. I've run the program to reset all the magazine tool numbers, but it will not let me change the number in the spindle to anything from T00. If you try to do a tool change it gives you a Spin T-Code lost No. 2012. I've tried to enter everything from 1 to 99 to reset the T00. Prior to the T00 in the spindle problem you could change tools, etc., but it would just lose track of them randomly. Currently it is not losing track of the tools in the magazine. It did seem to be better @ keeping track of the tools if you didn't shut the machine off.

Right now, I can't change tools & am having to cut everything 1 up. Does anyone know how to clear the T00 in the spindle & replace with a T01 or something, so I can do a tool change. Also, the ongoing problem is that loses track of the magazine tools ever other day or so & you have to go in & resort all the tools into their proper pot after running the program to set Pot 1 = T1, etc. Is there another battery on this thing somewhere, or is the CMOS board going bad? If the board is going bad, how do you configure a new board or have this one fixed.

I'm not down, but I'm burning hours & am having to manually edit each program which is dangerous.

Thx, Mike
    Can u share the program u use to algorithm toreset all the tools . I have acquired a fnc106 with 11m controller and need to set the tool pods .dont know how to set this up. And do u have a idea on how to set tool diameter. Thanks u can email me at [email protected]