586,000 active members*
5,031 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tormach Personal CNC Mill > Spindle does not power up. VFD Error code 26???

Spindle does not power up. VFD Error code 26???

Does anyone know what error code 26 on the VFD is? My spindle stopped powering up all a sudden tonight; even in manual mode. Have gone through the manual and no mention of error code 26. Tormach is closed for the night.. and have a lot of work to get done if anyone can offer some insight. Thanks in advance.

Re: Spindle does not power up. VFD Error code 26???

Isn't that an Emerson VFD? If so, you should be able to download the manual here: Downloads - AC Drives and Motors | Servo Drives and Motors | DC Drives and Motors | Drive Option Modules and Keypads | Software

Regards,
    Ray L.

Quote Originally Posted by SCzEngrgGroup View Post
    Isn't that an Emerson VFD? If so, you should be able to download the manual here: Downloads - AC Drives and Motors | Servo Drives and Motors | DC Drives and Motors | Drive Option Modules and Keypads | Software

Regards,
    Ray L.
    Thank you, Ray. But when I try to view their troubleshooting guide (looks like a PDF), their site times out. I think they're having issues with their site...

What EXACTLY does the drive display show? Perhaps HF26?
    Step

I am bringing this thread back to the top because I had this issue today. I had been running with out issue and ran the program 9 times without issue. On starting the 10th time I did not hear the usual "clunk" of the VFD starting and the motor did not run.
    I stopped and did trouble shooting. The motor won't run either in manual mode. The VFD was displaying the HF26 error. I shutdown and started up 3 times and then I went and shut down again but this time a heard a strange whinning sound as the machine turned off. Low and behold I restarted and everything was back to normal. I then ran the program 11 more times today without further issue.
    So when done I did some research and found this thread along with the HF error in the Emerson troubleshooting docs. Below is what was said in 2 places in the docs:
    HF26
    Soft start relay failed to close; or soft start monitor failed; or braking
    IGBT short circuit at power up
    HF26 – There is a critical problem of the inrush circuit of the power board.
    velocitycnc, did you ever figure out what the error is? Did you talk to Tormach and if yes what did they say?

If anyone else had this issue would like to hear from you.

Hello, I had a similar problem with the VFD on my Series 3. In the middle of a series of runs it just stopped turning on the spindle. Everything else would function fine but the spindle rotation would not start. It would click and then just start to run the program, like the interlock door was open. I got out my multi-meter and took apart the interlock switches and basically probed the whole system, i ran bypass wires around the interlocks for testing and still couldn't find anything. about 6 hours in i found the signal was not getting carried across one of the Bus boards and found the culprit to be a small plastic jumper that was not pressed in all the way. I had never touched it and it probably was loose since the machine shipped and just got vibrated loose. I pushed it back in and have been fine ever since. The machine basically thought the interlock was open. I do not remember the error code and this could be totally different from what you are seeing i just wanted to share my experience in case it is helpful to you.

Thanks, I think your issue may have been a different issue as the HF26 deals with an current inrush issue to the VFD, at least the feeling of Tormach tech. Tormach is trying to reverse engineer the problem. If I find out more from them I will update here.