585,760 active members*
3,825 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Memory card

Memory card

I need a card that I can read from by RMT mode,(machine from the card) and I need alot of space on it. Any one that knows what card to use? All the cards that the manual recommand are old and not avaible any more..

compact flash is the only media you can use. you need a pcmci card adaptor and a compact flash card. you also need to format the card on the control to avoid problems.

Were can I find these cards and adaptors and does the controll support all cards?
    Can the card be loaded thru the control that is connected to a computer?

Compact flash cards are cards used in digital cameras. You should be able to purchase one just about anywhere they sell cameras. There are different types so make sure you know what kind your machine uses. If you have a laptop it probably has a PCMIA adapter slot. If not, no problem, getting one to fit your USB port on your PC will be even easier to find. You want a flashcard reader, again, same place they sell cameras. Even many drugstores sell the compact flash cards.

As far as size, 64 Meg is about the smallest you can find these days. If you have to have a smaller one let me know and I can post a source.

Jerry

I have located a card and a adaptor, it didnt cost a lot. I hope the adapter fits the control. If I format the card in the cnc, then it should not be any problem to save Iso code on it thru my digi camera or am I wrong??

Do you not have a PC? A flash card works the same as a disk or a hard drive on a computer. To format the card in your PC, open windows explorer, should show up as for example drive "e:" or something. Select it, right click it and select format.

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU DON'T DO THIS TO YOUR C: DRIVE, YOU WILL CRASH THE PC.

You may want to format it in your controller and check and see if it adds special folders to read from. Anyway, you should be able to load the code from the PC. Have to say I have never done it on a controller.

Jerry

Ofcoz I ve got a Pc. I want to do the program at home and then bring it to the machine that are at work, I am going to use this flash card for my private projekt and not for work.(I was thinking about milling some 3d work) I thougt that if Iloaded the card by the camera, I dont have to buy a flashcard reader/burner, the only thing that needs to be bougth is the adapter to the control.. Should there be a problem editing the prog in the contol/rmt mode if necassary?

you should format the card on the control because i have seen a lot of problems with cards not formated on the machine. as for editing the program on the control unless you have a data server you cannot[U] edit the content on the card.

the machine is connected to our company network, but I would dont want to have to go to a computer do do a small change in the program.I seems like a rather system if it can format a card but not edit the card. I need the card to handle a very big program, so it would work if there were a way to read from the network while machining. Is that possible?

you can dnc thru a network but fanuc does not recommend. i would use the card

Does anyone know how to do that?