585,762 active members*
4,296 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > CNC Machine Related Electronics > C10 bob Optical Home Switch Wiring

C10 bob Optical Home Switch Wiring

I am not sure exactly how to wire my optical home switches to my cnc4pc c10 bob. I got the reprap opto switches from eBay. They have 3 wires 5v, signal and ground. I have all of my limit mechanical switches wired to 1 port so my home switches could be wired separately.

The inputs on the c10 have 5v and the input number.

I didnt know if I needed to wire the signal to the c10 input, 5v to 5v on the board, and gnd to common board ground.

I dont know?

Thanks Jason

Re: C10 bob Optical Home Switch Wiring

Have you read this thread?
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/open-s...made-easy.html

I know that it deals with Honeywell hall switches, but I thought that they have the same signal out put. I made a couple of these homing switches for my cnc router. They work great. I'm using the G540.
    Good luck.
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by DistortedDesign View Post
    I am not sure exactly how to wire my optical home switches to my cnc4pc c10 bob. I got the reprap opto switches from eBay. They have 3 wires 5v, signal and ground. I have all of my limit mechanical switches wired to 1 port so my home switches could be wired separately.

The inputs on the c10 have 5v and the input number.

I didnt know if I needed to wire the signal to the c10 input, 5v to 5v on the board, and gnd to common board ground.

I dont know?

Thanks Jason
    Jason,

Yes you are correct however make sure gnd is connected to gnd not common.

Jeff...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails C10G.jpg  
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Quote Originally Posted by jalessi View Post
    Jason,

Yes you are correct however make sure gnd is connected to gnd not common.

Jeff...
    Thanks, I will let you know how it goes. I appreciate the response. Most of my questions never get any answers.

OK mach is not registering the change when the beam is broken. My c10 power supply doesn't have a ground only pos and neg. Do I need to connect the c10 gnd to the 120v gnd on the main power supply?

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

OK mach is not registering the change when the beam is broken. My c10 power supply doesn't have a ground only pos and neg. Do I need to connect the c10 gnd to the 120v gnd on the main power supply?
    Follow the diagram posted to connect the ground, it is accurate.

The C10 5 volt power supply negative is connected to the C10 ground / (GND)

Jeff...
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

I am available to help over the phone after 7:30 P.S.T.

Jeff...

What posted diagram? Cnc4pc diagram of mechanical limit switches shows a 5v power supply that has a ground. Most 5v power supplies (in the US) are the 2 prong wall wart power supplies. I removed the negative from the c10 and connected it to ground instead. That worked, mach3 could see the optical switches changes but mach said my limit switches were triggered at all times. In the diagnostic screen showed nothing but I did see them flash one time. So they might be picking up something. Might have to add a 100 ohm resister and change the denounce? I reconnected the negative to c10 and the ground and the opticals wouldn't work.

Post Re: C10 bob Optical Home Switch Wiring

What posted diagram? Cnc4pc diagram of mechanical limit switches shows a 5v power supply that has a ground. Most 5v power supplies (in the US) are the 2 prong wall wart power supplies. I removed the negative from the c10 and connected it to ground instead. That worked, mach3 could see the optical switches changes but mach said my limit switches were triggered at all times. In the diagnostic screen showed nothing but I did see them flash one time. So they might be picking up something. Might have to add a 100 ohm resister and change the denounce? I reconnected the negative to c10 and the ground and the opticals wouldn't work.

Evidently you missed this diagram from one of my previous posts :

I will be available by phone after 7:30 P.S.T. typing pages and pages of dialog is not a efficient or effective use of time.

Jeff...

Sorry Jeff, I saw the pic earlier just didn't of it as a circuit diagram. I will call but I will need your number. I am in eastern time zone so it is a bit later for me. I should still be awake. I will draw up a complete diagram of my system in AutoCAD. I need to do it anyway.

Jason,

I attempted to message you the phone number however your P.M. mailbox is currently not accepting messages.

I would be happy to email the number, please send contact info to jeffalessi at gee (G) mail dot com....

I am available for the next several hours if you have time.

Jeff...

I emailed you my info.