585,737 active members*
4,861 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Post Processors for MC > Post Processing with MasterCAM X

Post Processing with MasterCAM X

I’m an engineering student in Michigan and I recently started working for a custome cue builder.

I have lots of experience with CAD programs such as Pro-E, Solidworks, Catia, etc. I’ve just started using MasterCAM X to help him with his new CNC Router. He has always done everything using templates, so the computer aspect is fairly new to him. I know G-Code pretty well, and MasterCAM is seemingly easy to use. The problem I am having is post processing to his Shop Sabre CNC Controller. I have found a generic post processor in the software, but haven’t had any luck. I can get an .NC file generated, but haven’t had any luck opening it on the controller.

Do you have any suggestions for me on how to get the post processing operations running? Keep in mind I have some experience with hands on CNC work and general Programming, but using the software is new to me. I’m easy to pick up new things, though.

Thanks for your help,

Andy.

MasterCAM will usually give/sell there costomers the posts they need as part of the package when purchased.

My apologies for not remembering the site I downloaded these from... However, they offered them freely...

Hope this helps,
    Attached Files Attached Files
    JR Walcott
    Georgia Machine Tool Resources, LLC

Hi
    do you have any documentation cd,s.I am from canada and i ant to learn catia.please reply
    tthanks
    guna