585,978 active members*
4,322 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > LR15 5000L software reload

LR15 5000L software reload

Poor me.. I got a parity error on my bubble memory last week. I have an additional good bubble memory card to swap in.. does anyone have the manual/proceedure for reloading the software/initializing the memory?

What are the random chances one of the other bubble memory cards will have the software I need? No, I do not know what machines they came out of..

P.S. My rs232 decided to kill itself a little while back too.. I hope there's a way to get data into the machine:stickpoke

Thanks,
    -Jason Miller

Jason,

Try sending a PM to OKUMA_Tech. According to what he has told me, you will need the tape reader unit to load control software plus the reels of tapes that should have come with your machine. Have not personally done this but this is the info that was passed on to me. I think there is also a procedure in one of the machine manuals for this.

Nate, your pm box is full, I'm trying to reach you.

Scott

Sorry Scott. Should be able to send me a PM now.

Nate

Well so far the machine decides when it wants to run or not. We don't have a TON of work for it, certainly not urgent work anyhow. I have the disks that came with the machine and have pulled all the parameters from it, so I think I can't screw it up too badly.

I have 2 other bubble memory cards, I wonder what the chances of them having the same software are. I think i'll need to see what programs it loads at startup. Obviously all the parameters will need to be set properly. Anyone see a problem with trying this?

Thanks,
    -Jason

FYI Update:

The machine decided to work for a few more months with parity, read/write, general IO errors occurring more and more frequently. Eventually it would not boot anymore and something had to be done to get it running again.

We installed one of the spare bubble memory cards, and needed to re-install the software. In order to do this you must have a floppy disk drive AND a tape drive. The OSP5020L disk that comes with the machine is for the most part unique to each machine and it's options. To install from the disk you put the disk in the floppy drive, and also have the tape drive connected. The tape drive has a switch to initialize the install. Upon booting you're asked if you want to initialize, if so flip the switch and you're on your way.

Anyhow, its really simple, within 20 minutes the machine was back to its job

Hello.Id like to check if I have those memory discs(to prevent the problem with lost battery and possibility to boot OSP5020), where should I search for it exactly?Ive seen " back side of electric cabinet" but picture can help much more,because im not sure that I understand where to find it properly.LR15m with osp 5020.If I dont have those discs,how should I make its copy to be safe?
    Id like to make the floppy disc upgrade to a new standards,but can not find exact topic with this procedure for lr15 machine.Will be happy to get any sort of help.