585,981 active members*
4,226 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Directions for Charter Oak Automation VFD for Milling Machine

I purchased a Charter Oak Automation 12Z Manual Milling Machine with the 3 Horsepower Sensorless Vector 'Danfoss' Variable Frequency Drive.

The book that came with it really only talks about installation and was hoping to talk with others that have used the VFD for more information.

... Of anyone that has the 12Z Manual Milling Machine.

Suggestion for Charter Oak Automation ... Make a quick 5 minute YouTube Video that shows SAFELY turning on the Milling Machine for the first time using the VFD and the proper switch/knob settings on the Milling Machine to break it in on different speeds. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO INFORMATION ABOUT THE VFD for manual first time use and/or speed settings. ZERO!!!

Just using it in my personal Metal Workshop... 25 years as a welder and 10 years designing with SolidWorks CAD but this will be the first milling machine I have had in my personal workshop.

Have a website for family & friends to show 'Just-for-Fun' projects have worked on with friends.
    CTM Projects | Current & Future Projects

BTW -- If you have any SolidWorks or CAD questions ... I would be happy to answer them ... or Welding Questions ... or 3D-Printing

Re: Directions for Charter Oak Automation VFD for Milling Machine

After reviewing my previous note about the VFD instruction manual... it may sound a little rude; however, I assume I didn't get the full owners manual... Just excited to get to using the machine in my personal workshop and want to make sure I turn it on correctly the first time.

Charter Oak Automation has been wonderful... My grief is with the VFD manual if that is all the information they include in their Quick Start manual... I am sure there is a Owners Manual somewhere with more information.

Re: Directions for Charter Oak Automation VFD for Milling Machine

spider

a vfd is more complex than it looking.. even charter oak provide something, I would look for the manufacturer website.. all manufacturer post at least a pdf with all possible settings, also their customer support will answer you..

again it is not about charter oak, it is about the vfd... what I think so complex that only the manufacturer can answer for every question..

try google

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q...vfd+manual+pdf