585,930 active members*
3,409 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > GibbsCAM > Programming for angle head--G18/G19

Programming for angle head--G18/G19

I am a new user to this group and I like the questions/responses/dialogue that gets posted, so I joined.
    I am using v7.x and trying to figure out the easiest way to program an angle head on a W axis ram (large HBM). The angle head is manually rotated when it is to be indexed and I want to use G18/G19 for milling and drilling. I just started the programming and currently trying to switch the coordinate systems around to match the machining surface (head pointing X +/-, Y +/-)and I am not rotating any geometry. When I render the part the tool motion does not look correct but when I post the program the G-code looks ok. I do have a Gibbs post for the angle head but will be writing my own as needed using Posthaste.
    Am I going about the programming correct or is there an easier way?

Dave

Ok, new twist, Gibbs will not let me drill in a Y posititive direction......angle head pointing up, drilling from a clearence plane of -.2, hole depth of +1.2, clearence plane of -.5, it errors out, apparently I cannot have a minus clearence plane/positive hole depth...........................more Thursday........
    Dave

I know everybody is in stitches just wondering what is the latest..........who would a thought a hotter came about and this job took a back seat (I did not work on it). I am in the process of design/retrofit of a Renishaw MP4 tool probe on a VTL with a Seimens 840C control (hardware/software). Anybody have any experience/ideas? err am I talking to myself? I know.....dull thread.
    Dave

Dave L,

I can't answer you questions because like most I would have to see the configuration of what you are doing. The people on this forum are smart and may want to think about your question before giving an inteligent answer. This isn't a boring thread. Someone here can answer this question, and it may take a little time.

Welcome to the Zone :cheers:
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com